Status: On hiatus until I finish "So before I end my day, remember".

Sacred and Profane

Chapter 3

Her POV:

Oh how I wanted to touch you, but you seemed terrified like if you wanted to run away…
You looked at me with pleading eyes; pleading, wanting me to get away from there and never come back.

I think it is obvious what I did.

I remained there.

I remember I couldn’t stop looking at you, not even for a second and that I wanted to talk with you but my words got lost and my thoughts were in overdrive, my senses didn’t work, I was mesmerized by you.

Eventually I got the guts to talk.

"What’s your name?" At the time I couldn’t think of anything to ask so I asked it, with my voice cracking a bit but with more confidence than I actually had.

You took some time to answer. I think you were lost at words too.

"I’m Skylar" Your voice was so cold, so emotionless; but raspy and extremely sexy may I add.

"I’m Raine" I said timidly.

You looked so perfect just standing there, looking afraid just staring at me…

His POV:

I remember thinking that your voice was just as beautiful as you and as corny as this may sound it was sweet and soft just like a warm hug in a cold night…

Raine; the perfect name for an angel like you.
My angel.

I hoped that you would remain here; I wanted to talk to you, get closer but at the same time I wished you would just go away because I was afraid that if I got too comfortable around you and let my guard down I wouldn’t be able to control myself and infect you with this venom…

"Please go away…" I said, knowing that probably you wouldn’t listen to me.

You really didn’t listen to me because you were with a look in your face that said it all; you weren’t going away no matter what I said.

"Why? Don’t be afraid…I Know what you are and I’m not afraid and I don’t know why but…I trust you Skylar." She said "I’m not going anywhere".

"I’m dangerous. You shouldn’t be here neither I should. I’m not afraid of you, I’m just afraid of hurting you" I said in a low tone.

"Like I said, I trust you, and I’m not scared. I’ve been longing to meet someone like you for so long… somehow I always believed that someone like you existed, someone that just by looking at would make me feel safe and hopeful" She said in a small whisper, with her eyes sparkling.

I just looked at you in disbelief.

How could you wanted to meet someone like me?
A monster, a blood sucking creature of the night. I wasn’t able to believe that the angel in front of me wanted me… I didn’t deserve you and never will.

At the exact same place that I first saw you last night, almost at the same time, under the blessing sky, something I never thought would happen in my eternal life was about to take place.

Our beautiful masochist story had started.