Status: On hold at the moment. Kourtneyfaye's stories are also on hold. Sorry everyone :(

Chasing The Night

Chapter 17: It was fake.

Josh

"I...." I started but then I thought against telling him the truth just yet, "I'm mad that you didn't make me the best man at your wedding!" I fake pouted and Matt just laughed it off.

"Sorry Josh, I wasn't exactly in my right mind either when I picked Jimmie as the best man." Matt replied and all of us laughed.

"Hey! I take offense to that." Jimmie said stumbling a little holding his head, it still being very clear that he had a slight hangover.

"Well what else do you want me to say Jimmie? You were practically giggling the whole time and then you almost passed out towards the end." Matt countered and Jimmie slumped in his chair while taking a piece of toast off my plate and started nibbling on it. He looked at Matt with a raised eye brow and Matt just smiled.

"At least my life song isn't going to be 'Waking Up In Vegas' by Katy Perry." Jimmie countered and the whole table started laughing.

"It makes sense too! She's wearing your class ring." Aniza pointed out and I noticed that Matt's John F. Kennedy High School class of 2001 class ring was on Melinda's finger. Matt glared at her and I glared back at him. Aniza just totally ignored it and continued talking Kourtney, Amanda, and Melinda. After breakfast we decided to leave Matt and Melinda alone to get to know each other better.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Matt

I can't believe the guys let me get married. Melinda being hot is a plus but I barely even know her. I'm totally not drunk off my ass anymore.

"So Melinda, do you like our band?" I asked considering she was just sitting there next to me and it was the only question I could think of. Her eyes brightened and she smiled.

"You guys are amazing! I've been to every concert that EA has had in Cali and I can't wait for the new CD to come out." She replied with a smile. I obviously asked her the right question.

"So what do you like about our music?"

She blushed and looked at her hands while responding "Your kick ass bass playing."

I grinned and she looked up and blushed harder. The rest of the morning I spent getting to know my new wife. As I got to know more about her, I started to see myself actually falling for her. Maybe this marriage wouldn't be such a bad thing after all.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Melinda

Waking up to Matt's arm around me had to be the best feeling I've ever had. I didn't dare try to move because I didn't know how long this was going to last. Unfortuneatly it didn't last long since I felt Matt move his arm and slowly got off the bed. I pretended to still be asleep as he turned around to look at me and we grabbed what I thought was the DVD. I heard what was basically on it and I have to say that Josh did a good job. Matt ran to Josh's bed and yelled "What the hell dude, you let me get married last night?!"

I sat up and as well as Josh. I walked over to where they were and we explained to him what happened. Josh then suggested that Matt and I go downstairs to give Matt a chance to get to know me while he went to go wake everyone else up. We agreed and went down to the lobby.

Matt and I had gotten our breakfast and I could tell that he was still freaking out about it. I wanted to try to calm him down but I couldn't think of anything that would help him feel easy while not messing up the plan. Soon the rest of the gang minus Jimmie showed up and we all sat together.

"Matt, about your wedding last night, there was something I forgot to tell you." Josh said once everyone was settled. Matt looked at him waiting to see what Josh had to say and I slightly paniced. I didn't want the secret to go out just yet, I was still loving the idea of being Mrs. Black.

"I...." Josh started but then said "I'm mad at you for not making me the best man at your wedding!" He then procedded to pout and I giggled at that while Matt laughed it off.

"Sorry Josh, I wasn't exactly in my right mind either when I picked Jimmie as the best man." Matt replied and all of us laughed.

"Hey! I take offense to that." Jimmie said stumbling a little holding his head. I felt kind of bad for him. Matt seemed perfectly fine getting up this morning.

"Well what else do you want me to say Jimmie? You were practically giggling the whole time and then you almost passed out towards the end." Matt countered and Jimmie slumped in his chair while taking a piece of toast off Josh's plate and eating it.

"At least my life song isn't going to be 'Waking Up In Vegas' by Katy Perry." Jimmie countered and the whole table started laughing.

"It makes sense too! She's wearing your class ring." Aniza pointed out and I looked down. I smiled seeing Matt's class ring on my ring finger and cuddled into him. I felt him tense up a little bit, before looking down at me, smiling and relaxing some. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head saying we would sort this whole thing out later on. I sighed to myself, hoping that when he finds out about the prank he wouldn't get mad, I don't think I could handle him being mad at me. I've had such a crush on him since the very beginning EA days, I don't think I could deal with him being mad at me for going along with some prank his friends made.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Matt

Spending the day with Melinda was better then I had expected it to be. She isn't a girly girl and she likes hot topic! Throughout the day I started to realize that we had a lot in common too. She can be a hard drinker but she knows when she's had enough, she loves the same music I do, she wants to work in the music world, she could be my other half. We went back to the hotel and everyone was in Josh and my room watching TV. Everyone greeted us and then it got silent.

"Am I missing something?" I asked and everyone looked at me with guilty expressions.

"Matt, you know how I was going to tell you something at breakfast?" Josh asked and I looked at him wierdly. We sat on the bed and everyone stared back at us.

"Yeah, you said that you were mad that you weren't the best man." I reminded him and he sighed while Aniza took a seat on his lap.

"Well, I was actually going to tell you that the marriage is fake." Josh said and my mind went blank. What?

"It was our prank to get back at you what you've been doing to us. I still have powder in my hair!" Aniza explained dramatically towards the end.

"Plus we're concerned about your amount of drinking. We just wanted to teach you a lesson about what could happen if you kept letting your drinking go too far." Josh added and the rest of EA agreed. I stared back at them before turning to Melinda to see a rather scared look on her face.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Melinda

I looked over at Matt and his face was emotionless. He stayed quiet for a long time not saying or doing anything. I sighed and stood up off the bed, thinking that I wasn't wanted here anymore. Before I could stand up though I felt a hand on my arm, keeping me in my place.

Matt looked up at me and said, "Melinda, would you like to join us for tour?" He asked with an aodrable smile.

"Wait, what, your not mad?" I asked him puzzled.

"Nope, not all actually. they got me pretty good. I also understand why you went along with it. You told me earlier today we were your favorite band and that you had always liked me. Throughout today I notcied that I could definatly see us together in the future someitme and decided to invite you on tour." My mouth dropped, as well as Josh and Kevin's.

"Yes." I nearly squealed. "That would be amazing." I told him throwing my arms around him in a tight hug. 'Maybe this prank wasnt so bad at all. Tour,here I come.' I thought while sitting myself in his lap and cuddling closer to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Most of the ideas are courtesy of the amazing co-writer of this story Kourtney! Looks like there is a new girlfriend on the tour. You're next Kourtney!

Shout outs to our loyal commenters! It really means a lot to us.

Comment and Subscribe!
Aniza<3