Status: On hold at the moment. Kourtneyfaye's stories are also on hold. Sorry everyone :(

Chasing The Night

Chapter 21: Shopping!

(Aniza’s POV)

Today we have a day off. No interviews, no shows, no anything, just twenty-four straight hours of freedom. Currently everyone is sitting in the middle of the abandoned parking lot we are parked in trying to figure out what to do today. “Okay anyone have any ideas?” Nick asked us all, in his usual take charge manner. Everyone started talking at once and no one could be understood. “Wow, guys, one at a time.” Kevin said. “Okay, baby you first.” He said looking down at Kourtney. “Um, honestly I just want to kidnap my bestie and spend the day with her. We haven’t had a day to ourselves since the tour started.” She answered timidly. Kourtney always hated talking in front of people, even in our group of friends.

I smiled at Kourtney, “Awesome, bestie. Let’s get to it.” I told her standing up. “Later people, we sister bonding time to spend, you all make your plans and we will all meet up for dinner.” I told them. I leaned down and kissed Josh and told him I would see him later. He pouted. “What’s wrong?” Kevin asked him with a slight laugh in his voice. “Our first day off in awhile and I don’t get to spend it with my beautiful girlfriend. That’s not cool.” He said childishly causing the entire group to erupt in laughter.

“Man up Josh, I need time with my bestie just as much as you do. You get her all the time, and we haven’t had any time to hang out, just the two of us, since the day before tour started. I miss her.” Kourtney explained to Josh in the same tone of voice he had used on her causing Kevin to bust out laughing. I instantly felt bad, hearing Kourtney said we haven’t gotten to hang out much. I knew Kourt wasn’t one of the people to complain so hearing her say that hurt. I knew that I had focused most of my attention on Josh, but I hadn’t really noticed I was neglecting my best friend duties as well. I knew today would be my chance to make up for it. We said goodbye to the group finally before venturing to the rental car. Operation, make my bestie feel better, was commenced.

---------------In the car, driving around.----------

Kourtney and I were just driving around, with the radio up as loud as it could go, singing at the top of our lungs, just like old times. After belting out the lyrics to ‘Good Girls Go Bad’ by Cobra Starship (A/N: don’t own), Kourtney turned down the radio some so we could talk. “Just like old times.” Kourt said with a smile. “Yeah.” I agreed. I sighed. “Kourt I’m sorry.” I told her. “For what?” She asked. “Not spending much time with you on this tour. I know how excited we were to spend tour together, since you haven’t been on one before, and I’ve been spending most of my time with Josh. I feel like a terrible best friend.” I told her. She was quiet for a minute before she busting out laughing.

“Why are you laughing?” I asked her with a raised eyebrow, causing her to laugh louder. “Nisi, I’m not mad at you. I’ve had a great time on tour. Spending my time with my bestie, and her family, plus the love of my life and all our friends. It has really been the best time of my life. I’m happy. I understand not spending time together, you have spent time with Josh and I’m spending a lot of my time with Kevy. We’re both in love we can’t help it, just sometimes it’s nice to leave the boys behind and just hang out like old times.” She told me. I sighed, feeling relived she wasn’t mad, leaning over the console to give her a hug. “Love you sister from another mister.” I told her with a laugh. “Love you too.” She told me. Kourt continued driving toward the mall. “So you really aren’t mad?” I asked her wearily. “Of course not Nisi. We’ve both have been busy, and how could I possibly be mad at you for finding love on a tour bus?” She said raising an eyebrow at me and giggling. A few minutes passed with us just talking about pointless stuff before we pulled into the mall parking lot. Kourtney parked the car and we got out.

“Where to first?” She asked looking at me. I looked back at her and at the same time we both yelled, “Hot Topic.” at the same time, causing us to bust out laughing all over again. We linked arms before skipping into the mall. People were looking at us like we were crazy, but we didn’t care. Together, we may be a little crazy and loud, but that’s just the way we roll. (Ha, no pun intended.)

Several bags, a few hundred dollars, a billion laughs ,and about three hours later we sat down at a table in food court. ‘Mph.’ Kourtney said as she sat down laying her head on the table. “I’m so exhausted.” She whined. I laughed, “You can play drums on stage for hours in front of close to a million people every night, but a little shopping trip wears you out?” I asked her with a laugh. “Nisi, you drug me in and out of every store in this mall. You know I hate shopping.” She whined again. “I know, but we got a lot of stuff. And you know Kevin will drop his jaw when he sees your new outfit for the concert tomorrow.” I explained and she blushed. “And you don’t think Josh will attack you when he sees yours?” She asked with a raised eyebrow. “Touché, Kourt. Touché.” I told her, before digging into my meal.

She was quiet for a minute before she gasped and looked at me with a huge smile on her face. “Why do I get a feeling, you have a really good idea?” I asked her somewhat skeptically. I swear we can read each others minds sometimes, I usually can tell her moods and thoughts before any one else can notice anything. “We should have a sleepover tonight.” She said excitedly. “Kourt, we share a bus, we have sleepovers every night.” I explained to her not catching on right away. “I know that, but I mean all the boys sleep over on the EA bus and only Jonas girlfriends (and Luke) can sleep over.” She explained. “What about Melinda?” I asked her. “Duh, of course she can come. It would be me, you, Amanda, Melinda, and Luke. Joe, Kevin and Nick can just sleep on EA’s bus and all of us can party and just have fun.” She told me. “That sounds awesome.” I told her. Then at the same time we looked at each other and yelled, “Picture Perfect.” We started laughing. “Okay, so at midnight, we’ll go out in our pajamas, to the closest store and buy the new EA c.d. and the midnight release? Ok?” She asked smiling. “Sounds perfect.” I said smiling. “Let’s get out of here, and go buy junk food and popcorn for tonight. Then we need to go back to the bus and kick out my lovely brothers so we can have a Girl’s Night.” I told her. She started laughing. “A girl’s night, plus Luke.” She reminded me. “Of course.” I said.

We got back to the car and headed to the nearest grocery store. Tonight, a sleepover with my brother’s boyfriend, best friend and all of our new friends from tour. Sounds like a perfect way to spend our night off. At midnight, the EA album release. Sounds like tonight will just be, Picture Perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, it's been awhile. Good news is that I'm back from Colorado. Bad news is that I got a new full time job and my available time for writing has been cut back some, but don't worry, I'm trying to get updates done faster.

Sorry, this chapter is sort of short, and filler-ish, but the next one should be better.

Shoutouts to: Amanda and Mackenzy for commenting and keeping us going on this. You two comment every chapter and motivate us to keep this one going, so this chapter is dedicated to the two of you.

Comment and Subscribe??
-Kourt

***Anyone get the new Every Avenue CD this week? It's amazing, if you didn't, what are you waiting for, go get it! You won't be disappointed.