Status: On hold at the moment. Kourtneyfaye's stories are also on hold. Sorry everyone :(

Chasing The Night

Chapter 24: Birthday Part One

(Kourtney’s POV)

Today is Kevin and Aniza’s 23 birthday. Kevin and Aniza told us all not to get them anything. They kept saying they had everything they wanted and needed nothing else. So, instead of throwing a party for them like we usually do, it was decided we would all go out on the town tonight. We’re all going out to dinner then those of us who are old enough are supposed to all go to the bar. Dave declared he could sneak Nick and Luke in since they are the only ones not old enough, but they declined. Josh declared that since Kevin never drank on his 21st birthday, they were going to ‘do it up right’ for this one, and get both him and Aniza get wasted tonight.

Right now, Luke, Nick and I are making breakfast for the still sleeping birthday twins. We’re making eggs, pancakes, has browns and bacon. All of their favorites. As soon as the coffee is finished for Kevin, we start putting all the food on the plates and set the plates on the trays. Nick grabs one tray and I grab the other heading into the bunk area. Everyone else was already awake and quietly waiting in between their bunks.

We all gathered around their bunks, I signaled to Joe to press the button down on the air horn in his hand to wake them up. He did and Aniza sat up screaming. Kevin woke up too, but didn‘t scream, instead he rolled his eyes and sat up. They should be used to the air horn by now, we do this every year. “What the hell are all of you doing here?” She asked. Kevin chuckled. It usually takes Aniza a bit in the morning to be comprehensive of what’s going on. “Happy Birthday.” We all shouted at once.

“Thanks guys.” Both Kev and Aniza answered at once.

“We made breakfast beautiful.” Josh told Aniza holding out the tray. Joe chuckled, “More like Kourtney, Luke and Nick made breakfast and you’re trying to steal the credit. Smooth move bro.” He told Josh causing everyone to laugh again. I sat down on the bed next to Kevin, he moved over some and patted the spot next to him. I moved over and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He leaned over, kissing my cheek, then turning my face gently with his free hand to kiss my lips. “Good morning gorgeous.” He told me, pulling back from the kiss to eat more of his breakfast. “Happy birthday Kevy.” I told him laying my head on his shoulder while he finished up his food. He fed me a few bites in between his own. I giggled and kissed his cheek. “I love you.” I whispered to him. “I love you too.” He said with a smile.

“How can the two of you turn something as simple as eating breakfast into an overly cheesy couple moment?” Dave asked exaggeratedly. “Love.” Jimmie told him simply. He grimaced. “If love makes you act like that, then I think I’ll stick to my one date rule I’ve got going.” Dave said, with a chuckle. “Whatever Dave, you know you wish you had a girl to hold in your arms and share your life with.” Josh shot at him jokingly, after breaking out of a mini make out session with Aniza. He laughed, “Eh, I might. But for now I think I’m just great the way I am.” He replied.

By the end of the ‘Does Dave need a girl’ conversation, both Aniza and Kevin had finished their breakfasts and kicked us out of the room to get dressed. Since were going out tonight, Aniza wants to go shopping with me this afternoon. Nick and Joe are going out to lunch or something then we are all meeting up back at the buses to get ready. Once Aniza is dressed, we both kiss our boyfriends, say bye to everyone else and leave for the mall.

“So, what kind of outfit are you looking for tonight?” I asked her curiously. “I’m thinking a dress.” She told me with a smile. I just laughed. She has a slight obsession with dresses. “And since it’s my birthday, I think you should wear a dress too.” She told me. I groaned. I absolutely hated wearing dresses and she knows it, which is exactly why she asked me to wear one, knowing I would.

“Oh come on. You’ll look fine, besides, I’m sure Kevin would like it.” She told me with a cheesy smile. I sighed, “Fine, but I’m wearing leggings with it.” I told her. “Okay.” She compromised. “By the way bestie, using my boyfriend against me is low.” I said with a laugh. “True, but it worked.” She said, laughing again. We got to the mall and headed for a random store that sold dresses.

I found mine almost immediately. It was a red and grey plaid printed dress. Aniza took awhile longer to find hers. She couldn’t find the ‘perfect’ dress for tonight. I saw one she might like and grabbed it off the rack. “What about this one Nisi?” I asked her handing it over. “Kourtney this is perfect. And I already have the shoes to go with it at the hotel. You know me so well. Thanks.” She exclaimed before taking it up to the register to pay for it. “I’ve got it.” I told her. “N-” I cut her off. “It’s your birthday and for that, I’m buying you this dress.” I told her. She tried to talk me out of it but I took her dress, along with mine and paid for them before she tried to convince me otherwise. “I could have paid for mine.” She muttered as we were leaving the store. “You could, but I had the money, and I wanted to get it for you.” I explained to her. “It’s no big deal.” I assured her as we headed to the food court to grab some lunch.

---------Time lapse: Now back at the buses. ------------

(Aniza’s POV)

After Kourt and I got back from the mall, we headed into the hotel room her and Luke are sharing. [[The room assignments are always pretty crazy, as promised to Dad no couples share rooms, except Matt and Melinda, and we don’t make the opposite sexes share rooms, except Luke, because frankly he didn’t care and we were short girls. The room order always went: Luke and Kourtney in one room, Me and Amanda is another, Dave and Jimmie in another, Joe and Josh, then Nick and Kevin.]] We called Amanda and Melinda to tell them to come over here and get ready with us. Luke told us he was leaving to get ready in another room so us girls could have or privacy.

After he left and Melinda and Amanda came in the room, we immediately started plugging in straighteners and curling irons to heat them up before picking how we all wanted our hair. Kourtney said she was just straightening hers like normal, maybe curling little pieces, Amanda was curling all of hers because Joe liked it like that, Melinda was straightening hers but then putting it up, and I decided to attempt to straighten mine for something different. I knew it would take forever but we had time so all the girls decided to help me with mine.

It took a total of two hours but my curly hair was completely straight, no wonder Kevin keeps his curls curly now, they are hard to straighten. We had to leave in half an hour for dinner, then from there Nick and Luke are going to go back to the hotel and swim, while we go to the bar. I’m pretty excited about it. Kevin hasn’t been drunk before, so this will be amusing. Hopefully it doesn’t bother Kourt too much though. She hates when people drink, she’s never said why, just something to do with her family. She said that she won’t mind, but if he’s a mean drunk, he’s our problem.

‘Knock, knock.’ Was heard from the other side of the room. “Who is it?” Kourtney asked sitting in front of the mirror not getting up. “It’s Luke. Just wanted to make sure you all are dressed before I walk in a see a whole lot of all of you I don’t EVER want to.” He answered causing us all to erupt in a fit of laughter. “Just come in.” Kourtney said through her laughs. Amanda pouted seeing him, “What Luke, don’t want to see us naked?” She joked. “Defiantly not. I love you all like sisters, but defiantly not. Unless you all grow dicks and lose the boobs.” He said seriously, laughs quickly filling the room once again. “Wow Luke, just wow.” I told him. “Okay. The real reason I came in here was to tell you, were leaving. I’m on charge of telling you that and making sure your ready.” He said. “Sweet.” Melinda said “Let’s go.” Amanda said, leaving the room, obviously looking for Joe.

“Let part two of the birthday festivities begin.” I yelled grabbing Kourtney’s hand and leaving the room to meet up with everyone else in the lobby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aniza: I have no clue what to write after this, so you get to do the dinner and the bar. You'd probably do a better job with it anyway!

Thanks to all the comments on the last one. Aniza did a really good job with it!

Dresses that they wore are here:
Aniza
&&&
Kourtney

Comment and subscribe?!
-Kourtney