Status: On hold at the moment. Kourtneyfaye's stories are also on hold. Sorry everyone :(

Chasing The Night

Chapter 26: Everyone is human

Aniza
I felt someone shaking me awake lightly and I groaned as I quickly opened my eyes to shut them again. Last night came rushing into my head, and I was thankful that I remembered pretty much all of it. Opening my eyes again, I saw Josh looking down at me with worry. I smiled at him which he returned before kissing my forehead.

“Your brothers told me to wake you up and tell you that you have to be ready in twenty minutes. You would have had more time but Kevin has been puking all morning.” I nodded, registering what he was saying before he continued, “Luke got you and Kevin Starbucks, but I figured you’d want this first.”

I noticed the aspirin and glass of water in his hands and I smiled. “You are such an amazing boyfriend. Thank you.”

He grinned as he handed me the glass of water, a blush forming on his cheeks, “I try.”

He helped me out of bed and into the bathroom since I was still half asleep with a slight hangover. I knew I was going to be okay in the next couple of hours, but the first hour is going to be a pain in the ass.

“Hello sister!” Joe pounced on me once I was out of the bathroom and I winced, pushing him away from me and he smiled apologetically. “Sorry about that.”

“It’s okay Joe. What happened?” I wasn’t really in the mood to do anything today, but if my brothers’ needed me for something important, I would do it.

“Popstar called this morning and they wanted to know if they could do a video interview with you around 3:00 with Kourtney for next month’s issue.” He frowned, “I told them you would call them later because I didn’t know if you’d be up to it.”

“Did they tell you what it would be about?” I knew the question was rather pointless but it didn’t hurt to ask.

“The usual; how tour is like with your best friend, our fans around you, and about your boyfriend.” I nodded before hugging him and walking back to my bunk.

When I felt ready enough to go and have something to eat with everyone else, I heard arguing coming from the back room. My curiosity got the better of me and I realized that it was Kevin and Kourt that were arguing.

“I can’t believe you just told me that Kevin.”

“What else did you want me to say? I don’t feel that great right now and you’re not helping.”

“You still don’t have to act like such an asshole about it. Sorry that I care about you a little too much.”

I heard footsteps approaching and I backed away from the door just in time to see Kourtney open the door with tears falling down her cheeks. I looked back into the room to see Kevin looking tired and defeated. I decided to find out what happened to my bestie first before dealing with my twin.

“Bestie, let me in.” I pleaded to Kourt who had locked herself in the bathroom after she wouldn’t let me in when I knocked. Eventually after a lot of pleading on my part, she opened the door to let me in before locking it behind me.

“Is it wrong to love someone too much?” She asked with tears in her eyes and I frowned. “All I was trying to do was help him feel better, and he shoved it back in my face.”

“What happened Kourt? What did my stupid brother do to make you so upset?”

“Kevin was hurling in the bathroom when I woke up, so I got some aspirin for him. He kept telling me to go away but I didn’t know why. So, I kept trying to help and trying to be a good girlfriend but he just kept getting angry with me.” Tears started to fall again and I held her as she started sobbing. “He yelled at me and told me that I needed to stop being so annoying. That I didn’t get what was going on and that being near him wasn’t where I should be.”

I smacked my palm against my forehead knowing exactly what my brother meant by what he said to her. The only times that he ever said that to her was when we were little and he was hanging out with the guys, or when he was sick and he didn’t want her to see him weak.

“Bestie, you know he doesn’t mean that. My brother just has this retarded way of thinking that he doesn’t realize what he’s actually doing.” I tried to comfort her but she shook her head.

“Why is he trying to push me away when I haven’t done anything wrong?”

“Kevin is that way with everyone Kourt, you know that. Since he’s the oldest, he thinks he has to be strong for all of us, and that includes you. When he’s sick or gets injured, he never lets us near him or see him because he thinks that we won’t see him as the protector anymore. Sometimes, you just have to force yourself on him and coax him into letting you help him. That’s why I’m the only one allowed around him when he’s sick and part of the reason why we have our twin time. It helps him remember that no matter what he’ll always be my protector as a big brother.” She smiled at my explanation but then quickly frowned. I sighed before standing up, “Wait here okay?”

She nodded and I walked out of the bathroom, finding Kevin exactly where Kourt left him. I shut the door behind me and glared at him.

“Kevin, I swear you are the biggest idiot on this tour bus. I get that you’re hung over and you feel bad, but that doesn’t mean you push the person that cares about you probably more than the rest of us do because you don’t want her to see you like this!”

He winced as I yelled and closed his eyes as he placed his hands over his ears, “I know that okay! You know why I act the way I do, so why are you yelling at me?”

“This shouldn’t be a fucking reason for you to be fighting! My bestie is in the bathroom crying and you’re here sulking because you’re too damn stubborn to go and show her that you’re human. “ I sighed before sitting next to him and placing a comforting hand on his knee, “I know you love her more than anything, probably more than Joe, but doing this isn’t proving that. And I know she loves you just as much as you love her, flaws and all, even though I know that the two of you are too scared to admit it to each other.”

He frowned while looking at me before sighing, “I just messed up big time. Any suggestions on how to help me fix it?”

“Let me her help you. Shower her with words of appreciation and love. Just don’t shut her out just because you don’t feel like the big rock that you want all of us to think you are.”

He smiled as he hugged me in thanks. “You are the best sister ever.”

I smiled, “I know, but the next time I see my bestie crying because of you I will kick your ass. Now go fix this and be all lovey-dovey again.”

As he walked out Josh walked in and he smiled at me. “I liked your motivational speech.”

“Thank you, I try.” He kissed my lips lightly and I smiled. “Thank you for your present by the way.”

“Anything for my angel.” I blushed and he chuckled while kissing me again, only to be interrupted by Joe.

“We have to go to sound check.” Without even a single warning he pulled Josh away from me and off the bus, leaving me to pout and I heard Joe laugh at my actions.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for the long wait. On behalf on myself and Kourtney, we are very very sorry for not giving this story the attention it deserves. I have been working on my other stories and schooling and Kourtney has had issues that have needed to be worked through. I know there is no real excuse, but I'm so very sorry. When the next update is I do not know but again, I am sorry.
<3 Aniza