My Story

Chapter 1

June 21, 1994. The day little baby Melissa was born. She had blonde hair that stuck up in the back no matter how hard you tried to put it down. Her mother wanted a boy, but instead got a girl. Her parents got divorced when she was just a baby, around the age of two. Melissa was living with her mother. She didn't care which parent she lived with because she couldn't really comprehend what was going on. Her mother had her everyday of the week, and her father had her on weekends. When she was three, all she knew was that her parents weren't living together. She just though that their house wasn't big enough to have both of them living in it. Melissa didn't know that they hated each other. At the age of four she got a baby brother born on April 16, 1998. There was a four year difference between them, but Melissa didn't care. She always wondered why her baby brother Nicholas had gotten a bigger room than her and better stuff than her. She didn't really mind that her room could only fit a mattress, a little end table and her. She was thankful for what she had. At the age of five, her dad pasted away, because he was very ill. She can barely remember her father. About a week after her father died, her mother went to the bars every night. She told the kids she was getting a new daddy for them. So the kids were left with their baby sitter, Mrs. Chicco. She had a baby girl named Renee. Renee was the same age as Melissa, but Melissa's mother didn't want her meeting anyone. She wasn't allowed outside of her room most of the time. Mrs. Chicco was very nice and cared for Melissa and Nicholas as they was her own children. Nicholas was used of this but Melissa wasn't. She enjoyed it. Their mother got home about 11 pm every night. She came back drunk, and man less. Melissa knew to clear out of her way, because her mother gets mad very easily when she is drunk. But only gets mad at Melissa. One night, Melissa's mother came back from the bar, and normal, and drunk, but Melissa had a question for her. So she went up to her mother and asked her, "Mommy, are we going to get a daddy soon?". Her mother just started at her for a while, and then she replied, "I'm trying the best I can. It's not that easy when you have a bratty girl, who won't leave you alone." Melissa's mother, push her across the room, and she landed on the cupboards edge. Then end of the cupboard cut her foot open. Melissa didn't know what to do because she didn't want to tell her mother. So Melissa did what she saw the people on the television do. She grabbed a needle from her mother's sewing stuff, and she grabbed thread. She doubled the tread and began stitching. She realized that it hurt, but it felt good. It made her feel better. She kept on stitching her foot up until the cut was shut tightly. Once she was done, she felt a lot better than she did before.