Vs. Groudon & Kyogre

Pillars of Salt and Pillars of Sand

The down pouring of rain, from the ancient pokémon Kyogre's wrath, prolonged. Though, my pokémon and I proceeded to my destination with as much strength our minds and bodies could muster. Still I had much life, young and hopeful, for fate has not caught up nor yet decided and cursed upon my soul, but my change in luck will be determined shortly upon an arrival of mine. I know full knowledge of what dangers my path will be forced to take. What will become of me in the end.

My deeply dampened garments begin to dry as my path crosses opposites of Kyogre's, making the area have no traces of the previous rain and wrath. The faint cries of madness makes me notable of the closeness of the place of destination.

Watching two men below, one berserk; the other sane, quarrel with each other unintentionally I gave a cry out informing the good colleague what was wrong with the other man. Instantly, I am sure, the pokémon gym leader knew exactly who had called out, and when I could not bare to watch the fighting no longer, commanding my good pokémon an action, an attack, that very few of its fellow pokémon could learn, there reached a resolution for an instant.

The man's milky pallid face was worn and tired. Fatigue and stress was clearly visible upon his face and clothes ill pure.

Gritting his teeth, glaring deadly with his sea foam eyes [matching the color of his wild, yet well groomed hair], he stated, "Sure took you long enough... Steven." (Kusaka. pg16. vol, 21)

"My apologize for my tardiness," back I reply, "Let's not tarry, Wallace. I require your assistance." (Kusaka. 16; vol. 21)

Agreeing, we both stayed until others I had appointed would arrive. At this point the situation at hand starts to overwhelm my emotions, and my mental preparation seems to wither and thin into nothing. Perhaps, that is what my efforts are worth. Nothing.

Is that what I am worth? Nothing? No, I can not, I will not, allow this to got to waste.

However, I do regain composure as the persons I have been waiting for show themselves.

My guest, Wallace, starts to name the members of the elite four in amazement upon arrival. One by one he said their names. From my perspective I felt that Wallace was questioning his need among the elite of trainers of Hoenn. What gave him the right to be amongst "the best"? Well, of course the answer is simple, he is the best. Indeed, even I, Steven Stone, Champion of Hoenn, have fallen under his elegance. Indeed, I was just second in line. But, he refused and stayed just to be in a position to be close with one he loved. Right then, I felt for him. I fell for him, but I would never be able to tell him that. He would never think of me the same.

After Wallace's brief chat with the members of the elite four, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, and Drake, I requested the summoning of the four to their designated positions. It brought as small chuckle out of my semi-bit lip when I heard Wallace question what was "up my sleeve".

"This is your answer." Came my reply (Kusaka. 19; vol. 21).

In one quick swift motion I took the champion's cloak and swung it off of my shoulders so I was able to firmly grip it in my fist. So it can be in between my fingers for one last time before, I gave the piece of white cloth to it's rightful owner, Wallace. But, even he would not take. Instead of taking it, like I have gestured him to, he simple stated, in a questioning way, what it was and argued. As I said before I felt for him for what he did in the past. But...

I have a very good reason why I'm passing the cloak to you. I think solemnly to myself (Kusaka. 23; vol. 21).

After my thought, worry came back to my head. What has become of the slab?! All is nothing if the slab is gone! Just then I had heard Phoebe's voice on the other end of a receiver around my right wrist and replied into it with confidence.

"Phoebe," said I, "tell the boy to read the code on the slab aloud." (Kusaka. 26; vol. 21)

Like master and servant, the blind boy did as I instructed. I had great faith that the boy was able to decode the slab, and with that I heard the voice of the boy talking of the words that were written on the ancient strip of stone. Soon after, though, the boy's voice began to dwindle and worsen in confidence. With cries of passion he spoke out to me saying, "I'm sorry, Steven! There's a part missing on the slab! I can't read it!" (Kusaka. 28. vol;21)

In an instant the depths of my fears have seemed to have been set free. Before caged deep inside, but now running rampantly though my mind with no end. No end. Perhaps, my efforts are worth nothing.

Is that what I am worth? Nothing? No I can not, I will not, drown my hopes. Not just yet.

Despite a main factor missing in the perplexing puzzle I refused to let myself sorrow like that any longer, and again I continued to press onward along with Phoebe back into the rain storm created by Kyogre. To be pelted with rain once again.

While on our journey to the new point of destination, Sootopolis City, a strange coarse of events were taken. Ones to the benefit of ours. A messenger's path crosses with ours and to my disbelieve, along with the last secret to the slab. She claims that my father sent her to deliver a message to me. With proof of her testimony she hands me an enclosed envelope with the seal of Develon Corporation printed on the outer side. Eager to open and unlock the final mystery to the slab I continue to hold onto her hand. For if I did not she would sustainably fall off of my Metagross.

At last the stone slab is fully complete. Decoding it's secret we prepare what is needed. A Wailord to lead and a Relicanth to follow behind.

I read the inscriptions of the ancient language carved onto the stone, and the role of the slab is finally fulfilled. The three ancient pokémon that have been locked away to dwell in a deep sleep for time have finally been summoned.

Regirock, Regice, and Registeel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Random comments:
- I want Sidney's pants. If you have ever seen him in the Special(Adventure) you'd know his pants are amazing.

- My in-text citation skills SUCK!

- Is it over yet?