Vs. Groudon & Kyogre

The Old King is Dead; Long Live the King

The rain from Kyogre's furry ran thin. Replacing in equal amount of power was Groudon's mighty control over the land and the sun. The battle between the two ancient pokémon seemed to have lasted for days. Night and day, day and night the casualties did not change. Indeed, the sun was equally powerful as in the day as in the night. It was hard to determine what time of day it was with the confusion of the sun and the endless battling.

I start to feel small trace amounts of pain and fatigue, but I corner it in the back of my mind. I can not become ill focus because of pain.

Unlike myself the three pokémon of summoning mindlessly proceed to control the balance of energy that have been exhausted by Kyogre and Groudon with no effort of their own. Continuing with endless amount of power. Power I, unfortunately, do not acquire, but the power I posses did not matter any longer. My role is soon to be finished, and to give everything I have.

Everything.

If my eyes do not fool me I see the return of the messenger I have meet earlier with a friend. Male in gender, the friend is with a familiar face. One that I have meet before. Yes, if my memory serves me right he should be the son of the Petalburg gym leader, Norman. The boy I had met in Granite Cave. Though, his son was present, Norman, was not. Yes, I say, he, too, was on an important journey, similar to mine. He was sent to find the beast who's roars would send the fighting pokémon back to their dwellings. The mighty Rayquaza.

Before the beast's arrival fowl play was made with the messenger and the son of the Petalburg's gym leader, but it had seemed for the best. It seems that Norman's son is trying his best to protect the lady. Even if she refuses.

To my surprise, though, Norman's son, Ruby I believe, seemed to make an alliance between himself and a female member of one of the very gangs we are trying to stop. A member of team magma.

After that I can not narrate. For the elite four and I have seemed to over look something large in scale. The energy that were being released from Kyogre and Groudon had on were to drain and forced the entire city of Sootopolis out of the earth.

Only ones inside the city truly knew what was happening. We were the one's left to guess. Like ones left to guess, I could only suspect that the fighting has only gotten more violent. Surely not for long.

The other members along with myself see that Norman has succeeded with his role. He has released Rayquaza and all it's power.

I give a small wince. The cornered pain comes back. This time the pain sharper than the last.

Shaking it off did nothing and it seems the pain gets worse than the last. I let, Wallace, not worry telling him that everything is working just as everyone had hoped, and what he see's is the very indication that good is coming forth from the evil; however, it did not comfort. His deep sea foam eyes grew in passion. He did not look me directly in the face, but a profile was all that was needed.

He bit his lip, almost to the point were it would have bled. Sorrow, happiness, passion, joy, excitement, worry; every emotion seemed to over whelm his mind and body to the point were everything in him might just break. Shatter into a million shards. Shatter into a million shards of glass.

And I hated it.

Hated every bit of it. It only caused me more pain. Pain of the heart. It pained me to see him that way. No, not Wallace. Please, anyone but. He is far to fragile. Fragile in the mind. Fragile in appearance. In every way, Wallace, was just fragile. I can not bare to see him.

Shatter into a million shards of glass.

I placed my pale hand on his shoulder with all the confidence that I had, and with that fine grip he quickly spun his head to face me directly. He gaped and I stared. Stared with confidence, and with out a single word he understood in that instance that he should not be afraid. We both smiled glaring at each other happily. Embracing the moment. For I fear, this would be the last time I would ever face him in the eyes again, but I did more that just that. O, yes I did.

Grabbing the sleeves of his blue-green and white shirt I pulled him closer to me until he could not get any closer. Our skin would be touching if our clothes did not bring separation between us. Besides a slight height difference, which I did not care about at this point, I tilted my head ever-so-slightly upward and proceeded to do an action I have been longing to achieve.

To finally tell him how I feel.

Bring no regrets to the grave.

I violently tremble. Hands shaking to no end between the cloth of Wallace's garments. We were to the point if I proceeded to move there would been no room for breath, and I choke. Frozen in the spot. Petrified with emotions. I could not understand why I stopped. I could not understand why he was calm.

Biting my lip I released my grip on Wallace in vain. Hands still trembling in a fist with my head wilted between my arms in despair.

I felt his silky soft fingers under my jaw bone un-wilting my head, and wipe away a lonely tear that began to run down my left cheek. When, he wiped the single drop clear of my face his eyes closed, but mine remain wide.

Perhaps, this was not one-sided.

His soft lips mixed with mine, and I felt. Passion not pleasure. Love not lust. The delicate action of his only lasted for no more than a few seconds, but it was all that was needed.

To end our peace the loud piercing roar of Rayquaza powered over the area.

Is it over?

Just then I saw the two ancient pokémon, Kyogre and Groudon, fall from the elevated city, and move apart from each other. In separate directions they moved to find new spots of slumber.

It is over.

And after I watch the two depart it seemed like every part of my body had nothing left. I began to feel groggy and limbs no motion. Everything was gone. Everything? No, not yet. I still had my life, but soon that to should dwindle.

"We managed to contain the destructive energy with Regirock, Regice, and Registeel." I heard Wallace's muffled voice say (Kusaka. 33; vol. 22)

My hearing gone, too?

I try my best to reply, but only with a incomplete sentence. My legs finally fail me and I drop. Drop to the cold steel that the large pokémon was made of was very familiar. It felt like Metagross.

Metagross... I start to apologize to my pokémon, Everyone, I'm sorry. So, sorry.

Over my thought's I can still hear Wallace cry my name with frustration and panic. Wails and screams for me. O, Wallace why must you fear?

I begin to drift between consciousness and unconsciousness. The darkness begging to win the fight over my life that I freely handed over on a silver platter.

While I dawdle on the boarder line between the living and the dead I hear Wallace, his voice now calm informing the director saying, "Director, I hate to dampen you're spirits... but I've got bad news. Steven has fallen." (Kusaka. 36; vol. 22)

"He... is dead." (Kusaka. 37; vol. 22)

Pitter-patter, twin tear drops fall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank God for endings.