Status: Moving along...Kind of slow.

We Don't Have to be a Tragedy

Act I, Scene XV

Juliet’s Point of View

To my immense (and barely concealed) amusement, the very next day was the day we started planning the costumes…and the vision of Romeo (and all the other guys) in tights made me (and all the other girls) break into hysterical giggles. You’d think we’d be over this by college, but I guess not. Romeo even seemed to flush slightly at the attention…and I kind of settled---just a little---when one of the girls started to seem like the waitresses.

“Ugh,” I groaned when I’d finally thrown myself on my bed. “All those girls…all that flirting. Blech!”

Talking to oneself: The first sign of madness.

Or a huge infatuation.

I groaned again and rolled over in exhaustion. I fell asleep in my clothes.

Romeo’s Point of View

I was getting tired of all these girls flirting with me. The only one not doing any sort of flirtation was Juliet, and she was really the only one I noticed. At all.

Sometimes I wished she’d just open up some, so I could read her a little better. I’m usually good at that, but Juliet is one person I don’t think I’ll ever figure out. Ever. In my entire life. Even with all the reading and acting I do, I don’t think anything would help a guy in a situation like this.

Situation, I’m asked?

One: I’ve recently met a girl.
Two: I’ve become entranced by said girl.
Three: I can’t tell if said girl feels the same or the opposite.
Four: How the heck can I find out without looking stupid and asking directly?

Situation. Everyone understands now, I hope.

I get so confused when I’m around her, and flustered. And at practice just earlier, just her laughing at us guys in tights made me flush, and I hardly ever do that! The one time I remember blushing was when I embarrassed myself in front of my second grade crush and thought my life was over---no kidding.

“Relax,” I chuckled softly to myself. “You’re tired, you need sleep. Rest, you idiot.”

Great. Talking to myself now.

I think I’ll say it’s Juliet driving me crazy.

On the upside, we begin official play practice tomorrow…meaning, we start learning our lines and scenes. And…well, it’s Romeo and Juliet, so almost everyone knows how that goes. Or at least I think everyone knows. I’ll feel like a fool if they don’t, but I always thought it was required before high school was over…ugh.

I finally relaxed enough to shower, change, and go to bed.

Juliet’s Point of View

I rolled out of my bed---literally, and painfully---the next morning.

“Why do they want us up so early on a Saturday?” I grumbled to no one from my floor, struggling out of my mass of blankets so smack my alarm into silence. “Can’t play practice just be after school on weekdays? I guess it makes sense to go ahead and do it on weekends, though. After all, none of the cast, except for the thumb-biters that I never remember who they work for, have classes on Saturdays. And Sunday’s just a given day off, holy day and all.”

Talking to myself again, I realized. I groaned and got up to shower and change into a pair of comfortable denim knee-length shorts and a dark blue tank. Comfy, and it was hot outside. I could already feel the heat and the air hadn’t come on yet.

I’d eaten a quick breakfast before being the first to show up to practice.

“Juliet!”

“Mom.”

“Juliet, dear!”

“Hi, Cathy.”

“Glad you’re here, can you help us set up for practice?” Dad asked, with Romeo’s father, Paul, standing near.

“Sure thing.”

“Great!” Paul grinned, and it was contagious. I couldn’t help but flash the man a grin in return. He was such a nice guy.

So, we ended up using Mom’s classroom because it had kind of a raised platform in it and we could use that as a makeshift stage. I was supposed to help clear some things off of it so it could be used for that purpose, so I did as I was asked.

Romeo showed up next, about fifteen minutes later, and his mother set him the task of helping me, and he grinned and came over.

One by one, everyone else got there after the preparations were done. Except for, of course, the few minor characters that had classes.

“Alright, everyone!” Cathy said cheerfully. “Here is our first official practice for Romeo and Juliet! The Shakespearean play, of course, not the two in the room.”

There was a collective laugh, which Romeo and I both joined, and thus, we began.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think it's short, and sorry if the short views of both characters up top annoyed you, I just didn't know how to continue Romeo's or the rest of the chapter would have been mostly him with a little Juliet at the end.

And with this, I announce that Act I is concluded and chapter 16 will be Scene I of Act II!

Thank you for getting this up to four stars, I love you guys for sticking with it, and I hope I get more people who enjoy reading what I write. I just like to write to get my words out there, to others who might enjoy them...so, yeah.
Thanks, and sorry if it's shorter or more fillerish or whatever than the others.

<333 Amanda