Status: Moving along...Kind of slow.

We Don't Have to be a Tragedy

Act III, Scene V

Taylor’s Point of View

I had to stifle my laughter as Juliet looked down at the gift from Cathy.

“On the count of three,” Joan said, catching the look on Juliet’s features just as quickly as I and interpreting it. Juliet grimace, and Romeo, who never completely let her out of his sight, was smiling to himself as he watched her from the corner of his eye.

“One…” Joan said.

“Two,” said Joan, Todd, and I at the same time. Juliet grimaced.

“THREE!” Everyone but Juliet and Mr. Davis joined in here. Juliet pulled the bow off first, slowly, as Romeo ripped open an end of the package he’d been handed (it was from Joan). Juliet flinched when she heard the paper rip, and I knew it was because he was setting a standard that everyone would expect of the unwrapping of Christmas gifts. She never liked ripping them open that fast in front of people.

“C’mon, Juliet, or all the snow will melt before you’ve even got the paper off!” I taunted. She froze, then she turned and glared at me as a chuckle filled the room.

Juliet’s Point of View

It was just like Taylor to say that. In front of everyone there.

I continued taking my time, grimacing when Taylor teased again.

Romeo’s Point of View

I smiled as I watched Juliet being teased by Taylor, and eventually her own father. Her cheeks had a faintly red touch to them that made me recall the first night I’d ever kissed her - when we’d just finished one of our performances.

I shook the memory away, realizing I must’ve looked like a gaping fish for a few seconds. No one seemed to notice - except for Todd, who raised an eyebrow. I just smirked at him and nodded my head towards Taylor. He paled and looked pointedly away, as though I might make him blurt out “Yes, I like her!” by just smirking at him. Which had happened in freshman year, but that’s a different story all together.

Juliet was pointedly ignoring the teases thrown her way. I smiled softly again and leaned over towards her. I wrapped my right arm around her and grabbed her right hand, then took her left hand in my own.

“Now, this is how you open presents here,” I said in her ear, but loud enough for everyone to hear. I hooked our fingers under a flap and yanked, the carrying RIIIIIIP rewarding my efforts. Taylor, Joan, and Mom cheered, while Mr. Capula laughed and Dad grinned. Todd was still kind of flustered, but he couldn’t help but throw his own smirk in my direction. I gave a barely audible shrug that made him join in the chuckles - albeit, for a different reason.

Juliet turned and gave me a playful glare. I just gave her a, “Hey, what can a guy do?” look. Then I kissed her on the forehead and reached for the gifts, tossing the first one my hand reached at Todd, who caught it with his fingertips and threw a half glare in my direction.

I smirked again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mmmmkay. Sorry for the delay (again).

School. Bleck. That's all I've got as a way of an excuse. (lol)
Anyway, I'm sorry it's kind of short as well. I just wanted to get one out.

Happy Turkey Day!!! (Thanksgiving, for the slow peoples =3)

Thanks for reading! Comment to let me know who you guys are!

<333 Amanda