Status: Moving along...Kind of slow.

We Don't Have to be a Tragedy

Act IV, Scene VIII

Juliet’s Point of View

Cathy still beamed at me like a child in a candy store, and I wondered just what had made Romeo’s mother so happy. I wanted to ask again, but instead I opted for patiently waiting for her answer.

“You and Todd and Taylor are going on a little trip over your Thanksgiving vacation,” the woman said in a sing-song voice not even a second after my thought had finished.

“We…are?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“You are,” Cathy confirmed. “Taylor and Todd know already, dear, so you don’t have to worry about telling them. Your parents, and Paul and I, already bought the tickets and everything. For the plane trip to New York and back, and for the play.”

My heart did a flip-flop sort of thing and felt like it landed in my stomach.

“W-we’re going to see Romeo?!” I asked, wide eyed with my excitement.

Cathy nodded quickly, her grin still on her face as I ran up to her and threw my arms around her, laughing and saying “Thank you” so many times that even I lost count of it. She laughed at me, and told me that it was perfectly all right, they’d been planning this from the first day he left anyway, and shouldn’t I get to class?

I thanked her one more time before grabbing my bag and heading off to my next class in a rush.

Taylor’s Point of View

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Juliet’s voice demanded the instant that I picked up my phone. I was startled at her tone, but took a minute to think and realized that she must have been told about our Thanksgiving break vacation. Then a grin spread across my cheeks before I started giggling and Todd just looked at me oddly from across the table in the café we were in on our college’s campus.

“T-tell you what, Jules?” I choked, grinning widely as I caught my breath. Todd’s eyes showed recognition and a grin sneaked onto his features before he returned to eating his burger.

“That we’re all getting to go see Romeo in the play over Thanksgiving!” her voice nearly wailed with her irritation at me and with her excitement. Oh, I loved hearing my best friend back to her usual, excited self. It was like a breath of fresh air.

“We were sworn to secrecy,” I told her honestly, “and it’s a surprise for Romeo too, I hope you know, so don’t go and ruin it. Unless you already have!”

“I haven’t, I haven’t,” she insisted, “I would’ve wanted to surprise him, anyway.”

I laughed, and said, “I should have known you’d think that way. Well, Jules, I hate to say this - Todd says hi, by the way -” he had, just then, “ - but I’ve got to go. We’re kind of eating and then we’ve got this huge project we need to work on and get done. I’ll call you back later, and you can gripe at me all you want, okay?”

Her tinkling laugh came over the line and she said, “All right. I’ll hold you to that. Later, Tay.”

“Later,” I replied, hanging up and turning to Todd, grinning. “She knows about it now, and she is way happy.”

“I figured,” he grinned, taking a drink of his Pepsi. We both laughed a little and continued to enjoy our short little dinner date before we had to go work on our project. I averted my gaze from his as I started to eat my cheeseburger, hiding the flush on my cheeks.

Okay, so I might like him. A lot. And even if we were dating (which we had been for a while now), I was still slightly embarrassed.

Juliet’s Point of View

“They knew!” I groaned as I fell back on my bed after talking to Taylor briefly. “They knew that we were going and she didn’t tell me! But I know now, so that’s all that counts.”

I grinned at the thought of getting to see Romeo again, even if he would be kissing someone else on the stage.

I tried not to be jealous, and managed to just think of how happy I was to have a trip to New York looming so close - just three weeks away! I could wait that long to see him. After all, I’d lived nineteen years of my life not knowing him yet, what’s a few weeks here and there? Especially for something that he loves to do?

I held up my ticket to his play, grinning at the image of his face on one half of it, but kind of grimacing at the image of the woman who I assumed would be playing opposite him as Juliet.

“I’ll see you in person soon, Romeo,” I told myself, smiling like a fool.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, sorry it's kind of short, and kind of rushed (I literally did this in a half an hour), but I really needed to get more out for you guys.

I'll try to get more out sometime next week, okay? Just comment and remind me :)

Thank you so much!

<333 Amanda