Status: Moving along...Kind of slow.

We Don't Have to be a Tragedy

Act I, Scene VI

As it turns out, there were only three students in my class--reason? The classroom was divided into three and there were only three pianos. Maybe that explains why the class is only thirty minutes long…but unlike my others, I have it every day of the week. My others, well, I only have them all on Mondays and Fridays. I have costume on the additional Wednesdays, and optional Saturdays for extra tidbits, and then I go to Dad’s on Tuesdays, Mom’s next, and on Thursdays. Professor Davis, the man, I would have just after Mom’s class and also on Wednesdays, like his wife’s course. I had a singing class on Tuesdays and Thursdays as well, right after piano on Tuesdays and before on Thursdays.

“First,” Professor Manson said at large to our three person class, “I want each of you to play a little selection---assuming you have prior knowledge in the art of being a pianist?”

The three of us nodded.

“Starting with James---” the very James from my father’s class, earlier “---and ending with Juliet. James, if you would?”

James, at his piano, nodded, and began, as I assume, from memory. He played the classic The Entertainer, and the piece was very well played at that. Next was Maria, a shy looking girl with light brown hair and blue eyes. Her selection was, as I was glad to recognize, Ode to Joy.

Finally I was up, and I didn’t really think about it. I love piano, and I have confidence in it, unlike me and the dress incident. So, I loosened my fingers up a bit and began to play. It was a little unorthodox to play a piece from Nightmare Before Christmas when in a college music class, but I personally think This is Halloween is excellent so sue me if you don’t. I didn’t play very much, not wanting to overdo it. I was just glad to hear the tones of one of the best musical sort of movies ever…right up there with Disney and Quest for Camelot. And I do mean right up there.

“Very good, all of you.” Prof. Manson applauded. “Now, there’s only five minutes left, so you can go ahead and leave if you’d like.”

And we all did, saying goodbyes on the way out the door.

I went to eat lunch at the student-run café on campus, giving it a chance. I had a cheeseburger and some fries, and they were fairly good. I bought a Mountain Dew in the campus convenient store, a Twix in case I got hungry again, and then I just explored the game room. Two pool tables, a few arcade games (including Dance Dance Revolution!) and a three-lane bowling alley. Not too bad, I guess, but I’ve seen more.

I still had about ten more minutes to blow before Mom’s class, so I decided just to go. I got to the door and saw her straightening desks.

“Hey, Mom. Need help?”

“Oh! Hi, honey. I’ve got it, thanks to Romeo’s help.”

“Hey, Juliet.”

Oh. Em. Geez. I never expected I’d have Romeo in three of my classes. That like, blows my mind. Minor distraction alert! Hey, so what if I’m in college now! I still have teenage hormones, you know. I’m eighteen, geez people!

“Hey!” I smiled. “Didn’t expect to see you here!”

“Well, I didn’t expect to see you either. Now we’re even, eh?”

“What, are you Canadian now?”

He chuckled a little bit at that. “Nah, I’m still American.”

“Oh.”

“I take it you have another class together, other than this one here?” Mom said curiously.

“Yeah.” I said.

“The first two blocks,” he added. Mom laughed.

“I’ll bet your teachers love that.”

“Oh, yeah, Dad had a good laugh.”

“Mom didn’t make too big of a fuss.”

“Oh, my!” Mom laughed. “You have my husband first and your mother after! I wouldn’t be surprised if you had Paul Davis next!”

“How’d you know?” both of us said at the same time.

“Uh-oh,” I said softly.

“Wow!” Romeo laughed.

Romeo’s Point of View

Another two blocks with Juliet? Now that was something I’d never have seen coming. Never, in all my eighteen years, would I have expected that. Were the administrators trying to mess with our parents? It almost seemed like it.

But I’m not complaining!

No freaking way.

Good thing I’ve always been good at keeping things inside, unlike others. I don’t just go up to a random girl and go, ‘Hey, Baby, you’re smokin’ ’ or something like that. It’s not my style…it’s vulgar, rude, and it’s degrading to women. And besides, what girls other than sluts like that sort of thing? Well, that’s rude, because some girls do like that, but still!

Ugh, I’m probably just making things worse on myself. I’m going to tell my brain to shut up now.

Besides, the rest of the class is starting to show up!

Juliet’s Point of View

Romeo seemed a bit of a space case for a few moments, until the other students started to show. Then he snapped out of it, threw me a quick grin, and sat at a desk towards the back…

Right by the desk my stuff was at while I talked to Mom.

Could this day get any better?

More than likely, not. But here’s to hoping!
♠ ♠ ♠
Shout out to all 32 readers and 12 subscribers! I love you all!!!!!!!
Sorry the updates have been a bit delayed, I'm taking my time so the idea doesn't burn out. And sorry if they're not long enough for ya'll, all of them are at least two pages in Word...

I'd take any suggestions into consideration, but there's no guarantee I'd use them. I love constructive criticism (none of the "I hate it you should delete it" or anything) because I'd like to make my writing better.

I'm also taking one-shot suggestions!!! I'll do anime and Harry Potter fan fiction, or original stories. Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy also works, but I won't do bands because there are only a few of those I actually like. So...yeah.

And as a future warning, the week of Monday, June 20, 2009, there may be no updates because that's when our vacation is planned and poor lil' me has no laptop or anything with my stories on it, just our regular home PC.

<33 Amanda, Manda-Panda, Mandy, whatever you want to call me xP