When Life Gets You Down

Not Single Forever

Jake awoke to the sound of metal scraping metal and the smell of burn food. Chris was probably making breakfast again. He got dressed quickly and waked down to the kitchen. As usual, Chris was trying to cook breakfast.

"Finally." Chris said.

"I thought you were going to let me burn down the house."

"Morning to you too." Jake responded. "Get away from the stove and get me the eggs."

The brothers were orphaned at the age of ten. After seven long years, they were granted emancipation and access to their families wealth. Due to the seven years of interest, they now had two hundred million dollars. So they used the money to buy a house. Their close friend, Desiree, moved in shortly after, when her father kicked her out. Danielle, Chris's girlfriend, moved in about a month after Desiree.

"Get one of those trays out." Jake said. "I want to surprise Dez with breakfast. "

"Please, dude, I'm begging you." Chris pleaded. "Ask her out already."

"No way." Jake replied. "She like our sister. Besides, if it ends badly, I would have fucked up our entire relationship."

"Whatever." Chris replied, pouring four glasses of orange juice. "Just remember, she's not going to be single forever, and one day you'll be kicking your own ass because she will be with someone else, not you."

"When did you become 'Dr. Love Guru?" Jake asked sarcastically.

"Shut up." Chris said. " You pick up on a few thing when you date a girl for six months."

"Its been that long?" Jake responded, honestly surprised.

"Yeah, I know." Chris answered. "Hey, do you want anything?"

"Yeah, coffee." Jake replied. "Put the water in BEFORE you start it this time, ok?"

"That was only one time!" Chris yelled back.

Jake just laughed and carried the tray of food to Desiree's room. When she moved in, Chris demanded she take the Master bedroom, due to the separate bathroom. Jake walked into her room with the food.

"Surprise!" Jake said with a smile, "Breakfast!"

"No, Jake!" Desiree said, a moment too late.

Desiree quickly grabbed her bathrobe and threw it on. Jake quickly set the food on her dresser and left, blushing, knowing he was more surprised than she was.

He then went to his room.

"What was that about?" Chris asked, walking in, but then noticed her outfit (or lack of). "Oh." He then went back to the kitchen.

Desiree got dressed and went to see Jake. He was 'sparring' with his punching bag while yelling at himself.

"You stupid asshole! You should have knocked or something. Who knows what will happen now."

"Well it won't help you to beat the shit out of stuff." Desiree said, scaring him. "Its not your fault. I should have closed the door."

"You're not mad?" He replied, while sitting on his bed. Desiree couldn't help but notice the slight bulge in his shorts.

"Well you seemed to enjoyed it." She replied, laughing. She walked over and sat next to him.

"You know, if you wanted a peek you could have asked." She jokingly unbuttoned the first button of her blouse.

"But, I was...." Jake started, embarrassed.

"Jake, I was kidding." She laughed. "Anyway, how does Friday sound?"

"What?"

"A date. Wow, are you that hard? No blood getting to your brain?"

Jake moved the pillow over his lap as she got up and walked downstairs.

"Hurry up. Your breakfast is getting cold." She yelled back up.

He could barely hear her. He was too excited.
♠ ♠ ♠
Desiree edited it .. lolz. Btw, this is her now. :)
Thanks Dez!

And for anyone who is wondering.... yes, Desiree (charater) is based on my bf and editor, Desiree.