Living Dead Girls

Slightly more vicious.

I managed to get through second and third periods without much more torment, but I was waiting for it when I walked into the lunch room. It was the prime hotspot for them to tease me. That's where everyone was congregated and the teachers rarely roamed there.

I walked in and sat at one of the tables closest to the door, not by myself, but alone as the other kids moved their chairs father away from me. I put my ear buds in and turned on my nearly century old music.

I had drifted off to an almost blissful state of unawareness when a shriek managed to get to my eardrums over the blare of my music. I paused the song and looked up to see Amanda Newton flailing about and screaming that she was on fire.

I glanced at my imaginary friend and his family, sighing in relief when I saw that they looked amused and not like they wanted to leave. I didn't think I could handle my imaginary friend disappearing before I could ask him who he really was.

"Stop, drop, and roll!" Jen Langston, Amanda's right hand bitch screamed.

I snickered a littled and stood, walking over to the salad bar. I pulled the the bowls from the tub of ice. "Here." I said to Amanda, dumping the ice on her head.

She shrieked and turned her glare to me. "You bitch!" She yelled. "You did this, you... freak! Go back to your vampires in Russia or wherever the hell you're from and leave us alone!"

My eyes narrowed. "I was helping you. I wasn't the one running around like a psycho. And my family are not vampires." I said calmly.

She crossed her arms over her chest and smirked evilly. "Because you didn't want me stepping on your territory, freak?" she questioned, her crew laughing like she'd just made the funniest joke in the world.

I smiled wickedly and punched her in the jaw, tackling her to the ground before she could recover.

"Amanda!" Jen cried, trying to pry me off her leader.

I turned my head to her, my eyes narrowed dangerously in unsurpressed rage and she nearly tripped over herself trying to get away from me.

I brought my attention back down to the girl struggling in a daze below me. I held her by the throat as I hit her over and over, feeling her nose and teeth break before a vice-like grip pulled me off her.

"Come on." A musical voice whispered in my ear, pulling me from the lunch room quickly. "Elizabeth. Take care of that. They don't need to know who did that to the girl." I heard, and then I was sitting in my fourth period class, my bloodied hands cleaned and bandaged.

"Are you alright?" the voice asked me again.

I glanced at the body holding the voice and nodded weakly. "Peachy." I muttered, staring at the bandages.

"She's going to faint again." A bell voice said to the musical voice.

"No. She won't just give her a moment." A slightly southern voice corrected them.

"She's too much trouble. I say we make her forget all of this." A second, sharper voice stated. "She is slightly more vicious than I gave her credit for, though."