Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 16.

“You sure she doesn’t remember anything?” asked Matt for the hundredth time.

“I already told you...” whispered Brian, rubbing his temple. “The only thing she remembered is walking out of her house, she went for a walk. Next thing she knew, she was in her house, half burnt and destroyed and she could walk through the walls.” He mumbled. They had been sitting in the library for the past hour and a half, searching for any clues of what happened to Allyana.

“I got it!” screamed Johnny, running back to his friends, holding a piece of paper in his hand. The old lady that was sitting behind the desk glared at Johnny who completely ignored her.

“Guys, take a look at that...” he said, putting the paper in the middle of the round table where they were all sitting.

They all read it and Brian felt his heart tightening in his chest as he looked at the picture that was with the article. The house he had spent so many times in was in fire. Flames twice the size of the house.

“Brian, you okay dude?” asked Jimmy, resting his hand on his best friend’s back.

“Huh huh, yes I’m fine. Let’s go.” He whispered, getting up from his chair and leading the way out of the library.

**

Brian parked the car in the driveway, shortly followed by Matt’s truck. Everyone got out and headed inside the house they had chosen as their new practise place.

“Hey Athalya!” said cheerfully Jimmy, taking a glove out of his pocket and putting in on his right hand before holding it up and Allyana highfived him.

What’s up guys? she had written.

“Nothing much, school is a killer. I wish you could come though, it would be fun.” Said Jimmy a wide grin plastered on his face.

“Jimmy, please do not use my girlfriend as a secret weapon to get back at the teachers for all the detentions you got in your lifetime, okay?” muttered Brian, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. Allyana shifted a little at the word girlfriend but said nothing.

“We found something at the library...” said Matt, taking the folded paper off his jean pocket. Allyana’s face fell as she looked at the folded paper. If her heart was still beating, it would be pounding in her chest.

“Guys, I’ll see you tomorrow morning in school okay?” said Brian, getting up in one swift movement. Matt dropped the paper on the couch where Allyana was seated and they all waved at her, before exiting the room. They knew Allyana might need to be alone afterwards.

She unfolded the paper and her eyes started to read it. When she was done, she looked at the pictures and held it close to her chest, where her heart had been previously located.

“Brian, I’m sorry to ask you this, but can you leave me alone?” she asked in a whisper, looking up at him as he was standing in the doorway, looking at her.

He nodded slowly and walked over to her, he lightly kissed her forehead and then left the house, closing the door softly behind her.

At least, now she knew what happened to her family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for your comments =D
The answer to the question in the next chapter.