Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 17.

“Chase? We are going to bed now, please don’t stay up too late and make sure Yucky is in his basket before going to bed okay?”

“Yes Mum!” replied the young boy, kissing his mother’s cheek. And then hugged his father.

“What are you doing anyway?” he asked.

“I’m waiting for Allyana.” He said, looking out of the window into the night. Her mother didn’t say a thing as they both headed down the hall and to their room.

“Come on Yucky, maybe once the tree will be enlightening Allyana will come back? And plus we need to stay up until Santa Claus comes down here to put the presents underneath the Christmas tree.” Explained Chase, patting Yucky’s head as it was resting on Chase’s lap. He got up and went over to switch the light of the Christmas tree on. Once it was done, he placed the little tray with a glass of milk and the plate of cookies next to chimney and sat on the couch. Chase laid down, Yucky at his feet. He pulled the covers up to his chin and fell asleep.

He never got the chance to wake up, he was found in this position by the firemen after the fire had been brought under control. Lying on the couch with his dog lying at his feet. The fire had been really quick to start and Chase died of intoxication, not even waking up. His parents died in the hospital during the night. That’s what happened to Allyana’s family. They died because of a fire that was caused by the lights in the Christmas tree. Merry Christmas.


Brian woke up abruptly, sitting up in his bed. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and switched on the light, looking at the cock on his bedside table. 2.56am. That was the time when the first flames had been noticed by the neighbours. Brian looked around his room and saw Allyana sitting quietly on his desk chair?

“Allyana?” he whispered, not sure if he was hallucinating. She turned her head to look at him.

“Did I wake you up?” she whispered, biting her lip.

“No, no you didn’t. But, what are you doing here?” he asked, moving a little in his bed and patting the now available space next to him. Without thinking, Allyana got up and sat on the edge of his bed.

“I couldn’t stay in there...” she whispered, her eyes watering. Was it possible for a ghost to cry? The first tear rolled down her cheek and dropped on the mattress. The little stain vanished the next second.

“How did you get out? I thought you couldn’t get out of the house?” he asked, sitting up and starring at Allyana as she wiped her tears.

“I don’t know how I did it, I just knew I had to leave the house. And you told me where you live the other day, I just remembered the address.” She explained, wrapping her arms around her waist.

Brian threw the covers away and walked over his drawer. He took out a sweater and put it on before taking a sleeping bag from the bottom of his closet and put his gloves on. He went back to the bed, got in the sleeping bag and pulled up the zip, then he threw the covers back on and patted the empty space next to him. Allyana hesitated for a moment before she took off her shoes and hoodie and put everything in a corner. She slide under the covers and lay down, looking up at the ceiling. She barely ever lay on her bed anymore, she just watched TV or read. Brian wrapped one arm around her and brought her close to him. He switched off the light and Allyana rested her head in his chest, making sure he was well covered by the sweater and the sleeping bag. The last thing she needed was an other death on her conscious. She didn’t want Brian to freeze in his sleep.

“Good night Allyana.” He whispered. Startle by the sudden noise close to her ear, Allyana lifted her head a little and Brian’s lips crashed against hers.

**
“So what are we going to do now?” asked Matt as they had once again taken residence in Allyana’s house.

“I have no idea.” Whispered Brian, he had his arms tightly wrapped around Allyana as she was sitting on a cushion on Brian’s lap. The guys could have laughed at the sight of their friends holding a ghost in his arms, but it wasn’t funny to them.

Even though they had never really saw her, they had grown accustomed to her presence and to the slate she was always holding up in the air.

Jimmy was looking at the spot where Allyana was, of course he wasn’t really seeing her, he just knew where she was sitting.

“Allyana,”

She lifted up her head from Brian’s chest and looked at Jimmy, knowing damn well he couldn’t see her.

“Do you remember why you left your home to go for a walk on Christmas Eve?” he asked, breaking the silence that had settled between everyone.

‘I think I know..’
♠ ♠ ♠
All my apologies for the name thing in chapter 16. I was thinking about something else, that's why I messed up with the names. Sorry.
I hope you'll like this chapter :)
Thank you all for your comments on the last one!