Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 18.

“I don’t understand.” Whispered Johnny.

“That’s because you never had your heart broken.” Snapped Brian, wrapping his arms tighter around Allyana.

“But, you knew it was dangerous, walking around in the park in winter… The night falls quickly at this time of the year.” Said Matt.

I needed to clear my mind

“Guys, try to understand her, her best friend had died and she was still under the shock. I would have done the same thing.” Said Jimmy, he was serious for once. Allyana looked at him and wished he could see her.

“But it’s kinda her fault if her parents died…” said Zacky, a thoughtful look on his face. Everyone glared at him.

“I didn’t mean it like that!” he said, holding up his hand in surrender, “I’m just saying that it’s because she left for a walk that her brother…” he trailed off. “Okay, scratch that.” He mumbled.

“Okay, so we know why she left for a walk…” said Matt.

“We know what happened to her parents..” continued Johnny.

“But what the hell happened to you?” asked Jimmy.

**

“Stop searching guys.” Whispered Brian, kissing Allyana’s cheek.

“We need to understand what happened!” mumbled Jimmy, pulling out an other box from Allyana’s room and looking through it.

Guys, I really appreciate the help, but it’s close to seven pm now and you’ve been here since ten this morning. You should go home now.

“Allyana, we want to help you. I don’t care what time it is. I’ll stay here until we found anything that could help us understand what happened to you and the reason why you are still here, amongst the living.” Said Matt.

“I’m with Matt, there’s a hope that once we found what went wrong, we can help you go back to life.” Said Jimmy.

Brian pressed his lips against Allyana’s and got off the couch to help his friends.
The five friends kept looking through Allyana’s things, hoping to find something that could help them. Zacky and Johnny were up in the attic, searching for things.

Allyana was sitting on the couch in the living room, scribbling down the answers to Jimmy or Matt’s questions every time they spot something that could help them in their investigations. Allyana was lost for words at the energy they were using to help her, they had barely ate at lunch and were still here, with no intentions of going back to their own houses anytime soon.

Guys, I think you won’t find anything there. You should go home. Your parents are worrying.

Brian looked up and saw her message, he sighed, knowing she was right. He tapped his friends on their shoulder and they stopped searching through the boxes.

The three of them got back on their feet and brushed the dust off their pants and wiped their hands on their jeans.

“Guys! We’re leaving!” yelled Jimmy from the hallway, hoping Zacky and Johnny would hear him.

“Wow careful Shortshit!” yelled Zacky as he caught his small friend by the shoulder. The stairs were dangerous up there, it had always been dangerous but now that it was half burn, it could fall off at any moment.

“Thanks Zacky.” Replied Johnny, steadying his balance and slowly heading back downstairs.

Is everything alright? asked Allyana, holding up her small black board as she rushed into the hallway.

“It’s okay Allyana. Don’t worry.” Replied Jimmy as he put both gloves back on and opened his arms. Allyana took a small step and rested her hands on Jimmy’s shoulder.

Jimmy was the only person besides Brian whom Allyana agreed on touching. Jimmy wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on top of hers. That was something weird for Jimmy, but he ignored it. He loved the girl just like the little sister he never had. He never saw her in flesh or anything, but he felt a connection. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he was invisible to his parents like she was invisible in reality. His parents never paid much attention to him, and he often thought about what it would be like if he didn’t have them. His life wouldn’t be much different. For Allyana, it was different. She was living on her own and had never asked for it…

“I’ll go to the library tomorrow morning!” said Jimmy as he took a step back and looked at her. Well, not really at her but he was just picturing the photo and imagining her, it was enough for him.

Brian came and wrapped his arms around Allyana’s waist and kissed her cheek.

“Bye Syn, bye Allyana!” the guys waved at the both of them and walked out of the door.

“Brian, you know I’m just a phone call away. My parents don’t give a damn whether I’m here or not, if you need help just call me alright!” mumbled Jimmy as he hugged his best friend.

“I’ll do. Thank Jim’!” replied Brian, hugging his best friend.

Thank you Jimmy! scribbled Allyana.

“No problem!” he replied with a smile and walked out of the door, closing it behind him.

“I need to go now.” Whispered Brian, as he was standing face to face with Allyana. He hated it when he had to leave her, he was afraid he was going to wake up the next morning and she would be gone.

“Okay, I might come later on.” She said, running a hand through her hair.

“Alright, I get the sleeping bag ready then.” He said with a smile. She smiled back and lightly kissed his lips before opening the front door. She knew that if she didn’t do it now, he would never leave and then Suzy would yell at him for being late for dinner.

“Bye Allyana.”

“Bye Brian.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Mmmh okay, this chapter and the two next might confuse you a little, but that's how it has to be :)
I hope you like this one.
Thank you for your comments, they are always much appreciated =D