Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 20.

“Are you sure there’s no other way?” asked Matt, standing next to the lake, his arms crossed over his chest, trying to keep his warmth. It was close to 3 am and he was freezing.

“Do as I said. Call the cops, tell them you saw something floating that looks like a dead body. While you are here, I’ll go do what I’m supposed to do. Jimmy should be here soon with Allyana. I’ll come back as soon as I can.” Brian said. “Explain the situation to Allyana.” He added before he jogged back to his car.

Brian tried to relax as each second was bringing him closer to Allyana’s house. He knew what he had to do, but it still hurt him to do so. But it was for the best, there was a strong chance that the whole thing was going to work as planned and he will soon be able to hold Allyana in his arms without freezing.

He parked the car in the driveway and ran inside the house. He ran up to Allyana’s room and was tempted to fill a box with her belongings but he knew it was better if he didn’t. He took one last look at her bedroom and then headed back to his car. He took the barrel out of his trunk and walked up to the attic. He twisted the cap and poured the liquid on the wooden floor before slowly walking backwards down the stairs, careful not to spill any of the liquid on his shoes. Then he proceeded to pour some of the liquid in each room before throwing the empty barrel in Allyana’s room. He ran back downstairs and grabbed the second barrel. He twisted the cap and started off where he had stopped. He slowly walk backwards down the stairs and poured some of the liquid everywhere before he walked out of the house. He managed to splash some on the walls before he threw the empty barrel in the house. He took a few steps back and stopped next to his car.

This was it.

He dugged in his pocket and took out his silver lighter. He starred at it for a few seconds before placing it back in his pocket and taking the small box of his trunk. He grabbed a match and strike it, he threw it in the house and tried not to blink as the flames quickly raised high in the starless sky. Brian felt a single tear rolling down his cheek as the house of the girl he loved was burning to ashes. He knew that when the firemen will arrive, the house will be nothing but a pile of ashes. Casting one last glance at the burning house, Brian got in his car and drove off, back to the park where it will all end.

**

Police cars were lined up next to the lake, and his friends were all sitting near by. Brian hurried over to them and stood next to Allyana as the policemen slowly dragged something out of the lake.

Matt, Zacky, Johnny and Jimmy all closed their eyes tight shut, not wanting to see the body whereas Brian’s were glued on the lifeless thing laying on the ground just a few feet away from him. Allyana’s body. It wasn’t a pretty thing to see, since the body had spent three months rotting in the water, but to Brian it was more than a body. It was Allyana’s body. The proof that what he was living was real. Allyana had her face buried in Brian’s T-shirt, not wanting to see herself.

“Kids, you should just go back to your houses now. Your parents might be worried.” Spoke the policeman. Brian nodded and patted Jimmy’s shoulder just as the policemen were zipping up the bag that now contained Allyana’s rotten body.

As they walked out of the park, the siren of the firemen could be heard. Allyana blinked as she saw the flames rising high in the sky.

“My house…” she whispered.

“What did you say?” asked Zacky, turning a little to look at Brian.

“I didn’t say anything mate.” Mumbled Brian, before his eyes widened.

“Allyana?” asked Jimmy.

“Yes?”

“Holly fucking God! We can hear you!” yelled Jimmy as he started jumping up and down, soon imitated by the rest of the guys while Allyana just starred at her hands that were slowly becoming visible.

“What’s happening to me?” she whispered, her voice breaking as her feet started to become visible too.

“It’s working…” whispered Matt as he stopped jumping and Jimmy bumped into him. “It’s working!” he repeated. And everyone stopped to see Allyana standing there, alive.

Jimmy was the first one to react and tackled her to the floor in a breathtaking hug before everyone hugged her, one after the others.

“Oh wow.” Kept repeating Johnny, glancing at Allyana every two seconds as they were all sitting in Brian’s car.

**

“Bye Johnny!” she said cheerfully as she got out of the car and walked Johnny up to his house. “Thank you for helping me.” She said as she engulfed him in a hug.

She did the same with everyone, until they stopped to drop Jimmy off.

“Thank you Jimmy. I owe you so much.” She whispered, her tiny arms wrapped around him.

“No thank you Allyana. You’re the most exciting thing that ever happened here in Huntington.” Replied Jimmy as he kissed her cheek. She smiled brightly and waved at him before hurrying back to Brian’s car and slipping into the passenger seat. She leant closer and pressed her lips against Brian’s, smiling.

“I owe you so much. How can I thank you?” She whispered, looking at his beautiful chocolate brown eyes and rubbing his cheek with her thumb. Brian closed his eyes, enjoying the contact of her still cool skin before a smile made its way on his face and he started the engine, driving in direction of his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one chapter left, I might post it later today =]
I hope you liked this one.
Thank you all for your comments!