Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Epilogue.

Allyana slowly unwrapped herself from Brian’s grip and let out an heartbreaking sigh as she slide off the bed and grabbed her clothes from the floor. She sat on the windowsill and starred at Brian’s naked form with a look of regret on her face. She loved him. But it wasn’t going to work. It was breaking her heart, but she had to do this. For his sake, for the sae of the people she had grown to love. Opening the window, she then walked back to Brian’s bed and pecked his lips before running back to the window. It was dark and it was high. She swung a leg over the edge, and then the other. “And you’ll realize that it was just a dream Brian…” she whispered before she let herself fall into the darkness.

“NO!”

“Brian, are you alright?” asked his father as he burst into the room. Brian was sitting up in his bed, sweat dripping from his forehead as he starred at his father with wide eyes before he started looking around him, his eyes scanning every inch of the room for the presence he was looking for.

“Allyana…” he whispered, his hands gripping the sheets. “Allyana, where are you?”

“Suzy!” called Brian Senior, looking worriedly at his son.

“He’s doing it again.” He whispered as his wife walked in.

“Brian, sweetie, are you okay?” asked Suzy as she sat on the edge of Brian’s bed and placed her hand on his forehead.

“Allyana, she was there! A ghost! And she was alive and I brought her back to life and…” rambled Brian, his eyes wide. “Where’s she?”

“Brian, son, it was just a dream. You know damn well that ghosts aren’t real. Spiritualism doesn’t work, you can’t bring people back to life…” whispered Brian Senior, sadness taking over his face as he was watching his son looking around for the girl he loved.

“But I found her body in the lake, and she was alive and Jimmy could see her!” he rambled.

Suzy bit her lip, her eyes watering as she watch Brian throwing away his covers and looking everywhere in the room for Allyana. She wasn’t there.

**

“It’s time now…” whispered Suzy as she gently squeezed Brian’s shoulder. “We’ll wait for you by the car.” She added before walking away.

Brian stood there, his eyes glued on the white tombstone, a white rose in his hands. It couldn’t be happening.

She was dead. Allyana, the girl he loved was dead. And he was there when it happened, two days ago in the hospital. He was holding her hand when she closed her eyes and breathe out for the last time.

It had been a dream, just a silly dream. A dream, but very much based on the truth. Her parents and brother did die on Christmas Eve, and she was stabbed in the chest several times by a drunken junkie who had asked her for a cigarette. She died in the hospital the day after, on Christmas day.

Brian and Jimmy were the one to find her almost lifeless body on the sidewalk and drove her to the hospital.

Brian knelled down and laid the white rose and the gravestone along with a picture of the two of them underneath the mistletoe.

“Brian…”

Brian slowly turned his head and saw his best friends coming his way. They were all dressed up in dark clothes. They all looked shaken up by the funerals, but his thoughts went to his best friend, Jimmy, who had loose his best friend.
One after the others, the guys all hugged Brian before making their way back to the iron gates, leaving him to say good-bye.

It was with the memory of the dream still lingering in his mind that he laid the photo next to the rose, with the words “Love Lies on a Gravestone. I’ll always love you Allyana.” Before slowly walking out of the cemetery, leaving the girl he loved laying six feet under, with the promise of his eternal love.
♠ ♠ ♠
This ending has been planned since I first started writting this story.
It might disapoint some of you, and I'm sorry.
Thank you all for taking time to read and comment this story. It was highly appreciated!
Little Mizz Zuicide, CharmedAngel88, ButterflyWarmth, Slinky, Damsel Of Darkness, Tragedy, MyChemicalRainbow and everyone else, Thank you.
Special thanks for Little Mizz Zuicide who came up with the title =]

Image