Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 4.

“What happened yesterday? It looked like you had seen a ghost!” said Johnny jokingly, as Brian reached them.

If you only knew Brian thought, but kept it for himself.

On his way to school, he drove past the house but didn’t stop this time. He didn’t wanted to go back, but at the same time the girl was fascinating him, he wanted to see her again, maybe even talk to her.

“Brian! For Christ Sake, pay attention, will you!” snapped Matt, “Have you decided on a name yet?”

“A name for what?” he asked dumbly.

Matt glared, not understanding why his best friend was acting so out of things, “The band!”

“Oh yeah, no I didn’t… But I will.” Said Brian, rubbing his neck.

“You better not miss practise!” said Jimmy, threatening his best friend with his drum stick, a smile plastered on his face.

“Why should I?” asked Brian, an eyebrow raised.

Jimmy shrugged, “I don’t know, I just had the feeling you would! So I’m just warning you.”

“Don’t worry…” reassured Brian.

He spent the rest of the day trying to focus on the conversations, trying to pay attention to what was happening around him but it was unenthusiastically.

As soon as the bell rang, he waved at his friends and ran to his car. He drove off and stopped in the house’s driveway, determined to know more about the girl.

He locked the car, and then jogged up the few steps before he got in the house, closing the door behind him. Trying to make as little noise as possible, he made his way up to the girl’s room. He pushed the door open and without a doubt, she was here, sitting on her bed, reading a book.

He coughed lightly, trying to get her attention. Her head shot up and she dropped the book, as it hit the floor, it disappeared.

“Oh, it’s you. You scared me for a second.” She said, with a small smile. “What are you doing here? I thought I scared you… Oh well, it doesn’t matter, does it?”

Brian felt the corner of his mouth twitch and he smile shyly at the young girl.

“I came back because I thought I was hallucinating yesterday.” He replied, shoving his hands in his jeans’ pockets and dropping his gaze to the floor.

“Oh I see… Well, hum, no you didn’t hallucinated. I’m very much real, well kinda… I don’t think I’m really real since you can see through me… But oh, well you got what I mean, right?” she asked, playing wit her hands.

“Yeah, I got it.” Assured Brian, as he made his way towards the desk. “Do you mind if I sit down?” he asked, his hand ready to spin the chair around so he could sit.

“No sure, go ahead!” she said, feeling happy that this boy asked before sitting and also happy to have some company.

“So, hum… my name is Brian!” he said, spinning the chair and sitting on it.

“My name’s Allyana.” She replied, smiling. Brian couldn’t help but smile back.

They stayed silent for a few seconds. Brian had so many questions to ask her, but he restrain himself, he didn’t wanted to sound rude or too curious. He barely know the girl, and she wasn’t real.

Allyana rubbed her neck, biting her lip.
“If you don’t mind me asking,” she started in a low voice. “What made you came back?”

“I told you, I wanted to be sure I wasn’t hallucinating.” Brian replied, running a hand through his hair while he kept the other in his pocket.

“No, I mean. I saw you the first time you came here, and when I slammed the door shut, you ran off. Why did you came back after that?” Allyana asked, keeping her eyes on the guy sitting on her desk chair.

“I don’t really know, I just… The road I usually take was closed and drove past your house, because you live here right?” Allyana nodded, “Well, I saw your house and wondered what happened and then, I couldn’t stop thinking about it so I came to explore the house. And when the door slammed shut, scaring the living shit out of me, I left. I came back because I just feel like I had to do and I dreamt about a locked door that needed to be open.” He replied truthfully, rubbing his neck. “Your room.”

She nodded. Brian dropped his hand back to his lap and looked at his watch.
“Oh crap!” he muttered standing up. “Jimmy is going to murder me…” he whispered, putting the chair back in its place.

“I’m sorry Allyana, I have to go. I got practise and my best friend threatened me to kill me if I didn’t show up.” He explained, an apologetic smile on his face as he looked as the girl sitting on the bed.

“It’s fine Brian. Don’t worry! Have fun!” she smiled a small smile gracing her lips as he waved at her, quickly making his way down the corridor and down the stairs.

Allyana stood up and looked out of the window as Brian drove off. Knowing that his curiosity was satisfied, she wondered if she would ever see him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a lot for reading and commenting =D