Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 6.

Allyana was reorganizing her books on the shelves, books she had read a hundred times if not more. Some where half burned, but it wasn’t a problem since she knew them by heart; some books had some pages ripped off and there were some books that she only kept because they were ones of the few that had escaped the fire…

His father loved books, he even had a room full of shelves, with hundreds of books… Needless to tell what happened to the books… Allyana had saved the ones that were now on her shelves. Only one book was still rather new, it was her copy of ‘Dangerous Liaisons’ by Choderlos de Laclos, a French author. They had studied it at school and she had it in her backpack when the fire began…

When she was done, she sat on her bed, facing the door. She sat there for a while, hoping Brian would walk in but she knew it was too early, way too early.

**

Brian sat up in his bed, looking curiously at the alarm clock. 8.30. He quickly got up, threw some clothes on and then ran down the stairs, he was about to run to his car when he realised it was Saturday. He sighed heavily, and jogged back to his room. He took ff his clothes and slide under the covers, trying to get more sleep. 8.30 was too early for him to get up on a Saturday morning and he had nothing especial to do…

He snuggled under the covers, and was about to drift back to sleep when Allyana’s image appeared in his mind. He got up but headed to the bathroom to take a shower. He knew the smell probably wouldn’t bother Allyana, but he’d feel better after taking one. He got dressed, then headed to the kitchen to grab something to eat. He didn’t plan on running into his father.

“Oh hi Dad!” said Brian, running a hand through his hair.

“Brian? What are you doing, it’s nine a.m? It’s Saturday…”

“I know that, but I’ve got something to do.” Explained Brian, quickly grabbing his keys and walking out of the house, not letting his father ask questions.
He got in his car and drove to Allyana’s house.

**

Allyana didn’t even hear the car in her driveway, she was too caught up in her memories. She was trying to remember what happened to her, trying to remember the reason why she was stuck here, as a ghost.

“Good morning!”

She screamed and fell off the bed.

“Oh sorry!” apologized Brian, rushing to her side. “Are you okay?”

Allyana blinked a few times, surprised to see him so early. “I’m fine…” she said, getting back on her feet in one swift movement. She brushed the dust of her pants, and glared at Brian.

“You scared me to death!”

Brian took a step back, wondering if she was serious or not but as soon as he saw the bright smile on her face, he relaxed and went to sit on the desk chair.

She ran a hand though her hair and took her original position on her bed, facing him.

“What are you doing here? Isn’t it early for a…” she stopped mid sentence and looked at the old calendar hanging on the wall. “Saturday?”

“Yeap it is” said Brian nodding, “but I wanted to see you, so here I am.”

She hoped she wasn’t blushing, but then she realized that she couldn’t… She frowned a little.

“Did I say something wrong?” asked Brian, eyeing her suspiciously.

“Oh no, sorry. It’s just… things.” she replied, hoping he would change the subject. It was already weird enough for Brian to be here, she didn’t want to scare him. She had no idea how much the boy could take before he was going to ran out of the house, screaming…

“Oh okay… So hum, what do you want to do today?” asked Brian, leaning in the chair.

Allyana looked out of the window.

There were so many things she wanted to do: going to the beach, to the mall, to the movies… So many things she wishes she could do, but for obvious reasons couldn’t…

“I have no idea, I can’t really go outside you know.” She replied, trailing off at the end of her sentence.

She tried to go outside once, but for some unknown reasons, she couldn’t go further than the other side of the street.

“Oh well it doesn’t matter… We could watch a movie here, you still have a TV right?” asked Brian, standing up.

Allyana looked up at him.
“I don’t know…” she replied truthfully. She felt stupid. She had no idea whether the TV was still here or not. She barely went downstairs, except for the kitchen once in a while but it had been a while since she had last walked in the living room.

“Well, maybe someone stole it. But maybe you still have a TV somewhere else in the house. How about we go and search for it?” asked Brian, his hand already on the door handle, ready to go explore the house once again.

“Sure… Let’s go.” Whispered Allyana as she stood up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a lot for reading, subscribing and commenting =D