Status: Completed.

Love Lies on a Gravestone.

Chapter 8.

“Seriously, I don’t mind!” said Brian, as he put the box on Allyana’s desk.

“Brian, I can’t accept it!” she argued, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Come on! It’s a present!” he said, as he grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the box so he could open it.

“Well, take it back. I don’t want it!”

“You don’t even know what it is!”

“I don’t want presents!” she argued, “It’s not even Christmas!” she muttered. Brian didn’t listen to her and took the thing out of the box, he unwrapped it from the paper and threw everything on the floor.

“Tada!” he said proudly. Allyana rolled her eyes, pretending to be annoyed when, in fact, she was happy. Brian had brought a TV. It wasn’t a huge one, it was the smallest he could find so it wouldn’t take too much space on Allyana’s small wooden desk. He did it because he could only imagine how lonely she must feel at night.

“Thank you Brian!” she said, smiling warmly at him. He smiled back and sat on the bed next to her.

“I know it’s not much, but it will keep you entertained at nights and when I’m at school and stuff.” He explained.

“Thank you.” She whispered again, looking at the small TV on her desk. Brian got up again and plugged the TV in. He wasn’t sure if the electricity was still working in the house… He could only hope. He plugged it and then got back on his feet, taking the remote and handing it to Allyana, with a smile. She took it and pressed the power button. It turned green and slowly the colours appeared on the screen, taking the form of cartoons.

“Thank you Jesus! It works!” said Brian, clapping his hands together. Allyana simply smiled and kept her gaze on the screen. She couldn’t remember when she had watched the cartoons for the last time.

“Well, I gotta go to school…” explained Brian, wiping his hands on his jeans. “I’ll see you after school okay?” he asked, making his way towards the door.

“Brian, it’s Thursday, you have band practise!” she said, looking away from the screen to look at her friend.

“Exactly!” he said, snapping his fingers. “Well, I’ll come and see you after practise then!” he said, waving at her and then running down the stairs.

She chuckled as she saw him disappear in his car. She closed the curtains and sat on the bed, watching the small screen glowing in the darkness of the room.

She remembered when they spent the whole Sunday searching for a TV or a radio in the house, Brian came back to his house covered in dust and ashes and he had to lie to his parents, saying that he went to help Jimmy to find something in his attic. On Monday, he stopped by before and after school.

She couldn’t understand why he kept coming back to see her everyday, he would almost miss practise just to spend half an hour with her… She wished she could make things easier for him, he was neglecting his friends just because of her. His real friends, people he could touch, persons he couldn’t see through…

She would give everything she had left just to be human again, or at least understand the reason why she was in this situation…
♠ ♠ ♠
If this chapter sucks, my apologizes ^^"
Thank you for the comments on the last chapter =)