You only have this one-shot

Never again

“Maybe we’re not meant to be!” I screamed at her. She started to cry. She held her head in her hands. Her black curls hung over her hands.

“I’m sorry.” she said. She stood up, grabbed her keys and walked to the door. She turned around to give me one more look. Tears were running down her face.

“Wait.” I said.

She walked back over to me. “What?” she whispered.

“I’m sorry but I just want to be friends.”

“Alright.” she said and walked to the door. I watched her walk down the steps. She opened the door to her Range Rover and climbed in. She wiped away tears and pulled out of my driveway.

In the middle of the night someone knocked on my door. I walked down to the door and opened it. She stood there, crying.

“I’m so sorry.” I said pulling her in. She was shaking. I held her in my arms, I carried her up the steps, I lay her in my bed and pulled her into me.

“I wasn’t good enough.” she sobbed.
“Bree, don’t ever think that you weren’t good enough.” I said sternly.
“Then why didn’t you want me Pav?”
“I don’t want to hurt you.”
“How would you?”
“Hun, you’re too pretty to be with me.”
“Pavel….”
“No you are. “
“I love you so much Pavel. Are you really gonna let me leave?”
“I couldn’t stand it if you did.”
“What do you want to do? I mean, are we over or not?”
“Plus, I kissed another girl.”
“You what?”
“I was drunk and we were on a party run, I’m so sorry. I didn’t want to have to tell you. I just…I thought this would really hurt you.”
“Pavel, if you would have told me I wouldn’t have flipped out.”
“Do you still wanna be with me?”
“Of course.”
"I'm so sorry Bree."
"It's alright. Just never let me go."
"Never again."
♠ ♠ ♠
for livin.alone