You only have this one-shot

Losing is winning

Molly Rhiannan Montgomery. Those three words described a girl who was very, very pretty. Molly had straight teeth, curly brown hair, blue eyes, clear skin, pretty smile, melodic laugh, slender body. She’s 18 and 5’ 8. She was friends with Max Talbot, when he came down to Pittsburgh and he asked her to come too. Of course she said yes. She was built but still had curves, she was muscular but beautiful. She came into the lockerroom, got changed and walked right back out. She had just been practicing with them. She didn’t want to talk to anyone. She was so upset right now, it wasn’t even funny. Jordan chased after her. Max was staying after to workout more. Molly got in the car and sat in the front seat and was silent. Jordan couldn’t figure out why.

“What’s wrong Love?” Jordan asked.
“Don‘t pretend to care now.” she said. She was trying her hardest not to cry. He reached over and grabbed her hand, pulling it in to his. His hand touched against her skin and electricity shot up his arm. She pulled away and sat on the edge of her seat.

He let her keep her distance but when they were in the driveway of the apartment he broke the silence.
“Please tell me what’s wrong.”
“I try to help you but you just push me away.”
“I just don’t…..”
“You don’t what?”
“I don’t need you to be there for me. I think I can handle myself.” he said and she stayed silent, staring at the floor. “I’m sorry.” he said, realizing that she was hurt but his answer. She just sat there, she didn’t move. He got out of the car and came to her side. He opened her door, undid her seatbelt. He put one arm around her back and the other under her at about mid-thigh region. He carried her to the apartment. He opened the door, still holding her. He sat her on the back of the couch and took her shoes off and took his off as well. He threw them at the door then he picked her up again and carried her to his room. He layed her on the bed and layed right next to her. He pulled her into a very tight hug but he was gentle.
“Love?” he asked, seeing if she would talk.
“What Jordan?” she whispered.
“I’m so sorry for everything and anything I’ve ever done to hurt you.”
“You’re not sorry. You don‘t need me.”
“I don’t even see why I bother with you.” he said, he got up and walked out of the room slamming the door. She cuddled into his pillow and pulled the blanket over her. His room was white and so were his blankets. His room had random pieces of clothes and hoodies thrown over the floor. His room was cleaner than most guys though. She stared at his wall for hours until the door finally opened. It was Max.

“Molly?” he asked.
“Max.” she said.
“What did Jordan do?”
“He said that he didn’t need me there for him.”
“He’s lying.”
“How do you know?”
“Because he is sitting out there, he won’t talk.”
“Oh.” she said and Max crawled into bed with her. He held her tight and she just cried. It was nice to have someone in this world who cared about her.

This was during the playoffs and the day that they lost the Cup, his statement changed.

She walked over to Sidney Crosby, who was very upset. He cried into her shoulder and she held him in a hug. She ran her right hand up and down his back and her left hand stayed on the back of his neck. Jordan was upset and she didn’t go over to him. Oh wait, that’s right, he doesn’t need her.

Sid had calmed down a lot.
“Thanks Molly.” he said.
“Are you sure you’re ok?” she asked.
“I hope so. If not I’m going to be crying on my pillow.”
“Just call me, I’ll come over.”
“You would come over in the middle of the night?”
“If you needed me. I don’t care what time it is Sid.”
“Thanks.”
She went on her tippytoes and kissed his forehead. He smiled and kissed her cheek and Jordan was jealous but he didn’t know why. Jordan didn’t need her. Jordan walked out of the lockerroom. He didn’t want to have to see Sid flirting with Molly.

She drove Max and Jordan home. She got them to bed and then she heard his voice.

“Molly?” he asked. She turned around.
She looked at him, his eyes filled with tears, and he walked over to the couch and opened his arms. She got off the couch went to the back of the couch and hugged him. He leaned against the couch and she leaned into him. He rested his head on her shoulder. He was facing towards her neck. She rubbed his back with one hand and held his hand with the other. His free hand was wrapped around her waist.
“I need you.” he whispered. She didn’t argue or pick a fight. She didn’t think he was being truthful but she just let it go. He did just lose the Cup.
She stayed like that until he fell asleep. She carefully led him to his room and put him back into his bed. She was about ready to walk out the door when he said, “Don’t leave me.”
“You need sleep.”
“With you by my side I can. You make me forget that I lost everything.”
“You did good.”
“Not good enough.” he said.
“Jordan just get some sleep. I’ll come check on you later.”
“I guess.” he said. She walked back in and gave him a hug and kissed his forehead. “I meant what I said earlier, I do need you.”
She went out to the couch. About a half hour later she went to check on him. She walked though the hall and stood at his doorway. His hands were wiping away tears.
She walked over and sat on the bed, rubbing his back.
“It’s ok. Jordan calm down, it’s ok.” she said.
He turned over to face her. The moonlight shone through and made her face glow. He paused for a minute before gathering his thoughts on what he was going to say.
“How could I think that I didn‘t need you?” he said.
“Just try to sleep.”
“Will you please stay?”
“Yes.” she said. She layed right next to him. He had his head buried into a pillow. She put her left arm over his shoulder and he met her hand with his right hand. There fingers were intertwined. He started to cry and she moved as close to him as she could. She gently kissed his back. She really means a lot to him but he can be so stupid and he doesn’t tell her.
“Can you come to the other side of me?” he asked into the darkness. He expected her to get up and leave but she did as she was asked. She was kind of a stubborn person but she’d do anything for any of the team.
He layed with his right arm supporting his head but his left arm was around her waist. She rubbed his hand with her left hand and her right hand was intertwined with his fingers. He cried into her hair.
“I’m right here and I’ll only leave if you want me to.”
“Please don’t ever leave.”

He woke up at 12:00 am and just looked at her. She was facing him. She was still holding on to him. She had tears running down her cheeks but she was asleep. He wiped them away and she stirred.

“I didn’t mean to wake you.” he said.
“It’s ok.”
“You were crying.”
“Sorry.”
“Why were you crying.”
“I just kept seeing how sad you were yesterday. You weren’t yourself, and I didn’t expect you to be, but it just hurt me because I knew I couldn’t take your pain away.”
“There is one thing I don’t understand.”
“What would that be?”
“When I said I didn’t need you, I hurt you right?”
“Of course.”
“Why did you care that I was upset? Why did you help me? Why did you wipe away my tears? Why did you stay with me? Why did you care about me after what I did?”
“Because no matter what, you are so important to me. I don’t care if you hate me, I don’t care if you think I’m overprotective, I don’t care if you don’t need me. It doesn’t matter because, whatever happens, whenever you need me, whatever you need, whatever it is, I’m always here for you. I’ll always be here for you.”
“I hurt you so much and you just act like it didn’t happen. You care about me like nothing happened.”
“I’m never going to stop caring about you.”
“I’m going to go back to sleep for a while. Are you staying or leaving?”
“What do you want me to do?”
“I’d rather you stay but it’s totally up to you.”
“I’ll stay.”
“I was hoping I wouldn’t have to beg.” he said smiling at her.
“Well….” she said giggling.
“Can I tell you how I honestly feel?”
“Of course.”
“I feel like I completely failed my team.”
“You didn’t.”
“I feel like I let you down.”
“How?”
“I hurt you, which was one thing I promised I could never do.”
“You just need to worry about falling asleep. Good night Jordie.” she said and kissed his forehead.

She fell asleep holding his hand, he was still awake. He looked at her. She was everything to the team. She was there for everyone, even him. She was forgiving and loving. She liked them for who they were not just for their name.

-Molly was the one girl who came into the lockerroom and didn’t glue themselves to the guys-

That’s when he finally realized that by lying to himself, her, and everyone around them by saying he didn’t need her, he hurt her more than she let on. He needed her more than anyone.

She woke up and looked into his eyes.

“Molly I screwed up.”
“Jordan, just relax. I’m going to make you some breakfast.”
“Don’t leave.”
“Why?”
“When I’m alone especially when I’m not with you, the whole game replays in my head. The game, them holding up the cup. I just need to have you here with me.”
“Jordan…”
“Please stay.”
“You know I will.”

Jordan let tears fall down his cheeks and of course Molly was right there to wipe them away.

They were both awake but neither was talking. He got up and came to the other side of the bed, he picked her up and carried her to the couch. Jordan looked at her. He sat on the couch and then he pulled her onto his lap so that her back was against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her waist. His hands were weaved so that he was wrapped around her waist and her hands were in his. She leaned back and he just rested his head against hers.

“Molly, will you come on a walk with me?” Max asked her.
“Jordan I’ll be right back.” she said. She went up and put on a sundress that was light blue and white, white flip-flops, and let her hair flow into it’s natural curls. She walked downstairs and out the door. Kris took her under his shoulder.

He suddenly stopped.

He got on one knee.

“Molly Rhiannan Montgomery, will you make me the happiest man ever and be my wife?”
“Max.” she choked out, “Yes.”
“I love you Belle.”
“I love you too Max.” she said.

They held hands and walked back to the house. She still had tears running down her face.

“Don’t cry Love.”
“I can’t help it.”
“Happy tears?”
“Of course.” she said and they walked in the house.

“Are you crying?” Jordan asked her.
“Tears of joy Jord.” she said.
“Why?”
“Max proposed.”
“Congratulations.” he said.
“Thanks Jordan.”

Max and Molly got married and lived happily ever after. Jordan eventualy got over her.

<3