You only have this one-shot

Into your arms

I'm fallin' in love
But it's fallin' apart.
I need to find my way back to the start.
When we were in love.
Oh things were better than they are.
Let me back into.
Into your arms.
Into your arms.
* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Evgeni." she said. She was crying to me. I couldn't turn around. I couldn't look into her beautiful, brown eyes. I couldn't look at her shimmering skin. I couldn't look at her beautiful body. I couldn't look at the tears that were most likely streaming down her face.

"Dre, I'm leaving." I said and walked out of our bedroom. She stayed at my apartment with me. I asked her to. I wanted her there very badly. She is tan. We say I love you. I know she means it but I really don't know if I do anymore. She's just the same girl, plain, small, but there is something more. I wish I had the patience to find out what that something is.

"Please Geno." she begged from the steps. I turned around. She was in short shorts and a tanktop. She had on her Malkin tanktop and her Pens shorts.

"Dre, I don't love you anymore. You can stay here as long as you want but as a friend. I'm so sorry."
* * * * * * * * * * *
I'm fallin' in love
But it's fallin' apart.
I need to find my way back to the start.
When we were in love.
Oh things were better than they are.
Let me back into.
Into your arms.
Into your arms.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
I came home from practice. I walked into her white room. Her walls were white except for the various hockey posters spread around. Her bed was silver framed with black linens. Her lamps were red. Her desk was black. When you walk into her room, to the right is her closet, straight ahead is the bed, and the desk; tv; dresser are to the left.

"Dre, why are you packing." I asked. She turned around. Her make-up was smeared down her face. Her cheeks were pink from crying and wiping away tears. Her white pillows were thrown around. One had make-up on it.

"I'm going home to Russia." she said. She was leaving me. I mean is this what I wanted, because that's what it came down to. Did I want her?
* * * * * * * * * * * *
I'm fallin' in love
But it's fallin' apart.
I need to find my way back to the start.
When we were in love.
Oh things were better than they are.
Let me back into.
Into your arms.
Into your arms.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
I was talking to Sergei's wife. She was a beautiful woman and reminded me so much of Dre.
"Call her Geno." she said. She smiled. I trusted her.
"I will." I said. I took out my phone and dialed her number.

"Hello?" she slurred.
"Dre?" I asked.
"G-geno, whaat do you neeedd?" she slurred. She wasn't drunk, she was still upset.
"Come back." I said.
"Geno, you didn't want me anymore."
"I was wrong. It's been a month and I've cried every night. I never stop thinking of you. I dedicate every goal to you, hoping that you will see it."
"Do you really want me back there?" she asked.
"I'd never have it any other way." I said.

In three days Dre was here. We hung out and eventually I did the thing I should have done so long ago; I proposed.

Now I'm happily married. I'm the youngest guy on our team to get married but now I know how it feels to really be in love.

I know we'll last forever; because she let me into her arms again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and request