My Family

Screams ,tears and pain

Huddled up at the top of the stairs I sit curled into a ball.I peer over the edge and gaze down a the scene below.They think i'm asleep. They think I don't. Yet they are both so wrong.
He came home late tonight. As soon as mummy heard the car pull up she told me to go upstairs to bed planting a light kiss on my forehead. I run upstairs yet I don't do as she wishes. I slam the door shut giving the illusion that i'm safely tucked away in bed. Now she thinks that i'm safe far away from the fighting without a worry in the world . Yet every night I sit here watching them fight and listen as they yell and swear at each other . Even many hours after they stop I still sit here. There yells still echoing in my ears and the fight replaying itself out in my mind. Tonight daddy seems really angry. He keeps shoving mummy and yelling at her. He's never shoved mummy before.He's yelling louder and lashing out at her now. If daddys not careful he'll hit mummy.With a sudden blow to the side of the face mummy crumples to the ground. An involuntary cry escapes my lips causing daddy to look up at me. I rush downstairs not caring if I get into trouble. Daddys covering his face with his hands.I think he's crying. I rush over to mummy kneeling at her side i shake her begging her to wake up between sobs.
"It was an accident, I never ment to hurt her, "Daddy Whispers taking a step closer.
I scream at him to go away as he makes another attempt to apologise.
Realising that theres no point he rushes away to his car obviously heading to a bar.
I turn my attention back to mummy I shake her harder but she refuses to wake. Finally giving up I lay down beside her wrapping my arms around her.I gaze up at all the happy pictures on the wall.A time when mummy an daddy were happy. I turn away resting my head on her shoulder and cry my self into a deep fitful sleep praying that she would be okay.