Ocala Is Calling

Good job, soldier

Minutes later I heard the quick patter of rain on the windows in Gavin's room. He pulled back the curtains to study the downpour. He turned back to look at me, with dramatic distress thrown across his face.

"C'mon!" He exclaimed, grabbing my hand and leading me to the game room, stopping on the way to pull a handful of sheets out of the hall closet.

"What are you doing?!" I asked, frazzled.

Once in the game room he handed me a stack of sheets, "We're in a state of emergency." He said, matter-of-factly. I looked at him, unsure, and a little creeped out.

"We need to build a fort." he said, a smile sweeping across his face.

"You're a dork." i said.

He nodded, and climbed onto the arm of the couch, reaching to tangle a sheet corner around a nail in the wall. I did what he suggested, and helped him build the fort, and once it was done, sat down underneath to admire our work.

He sat down next me, and subtly draped his arm over my shoulders. I wasn't complaining.

"We did a good job, soldier." He said, giving me a confirmatory single nod. "I think we'll make it out alive"

I laughed, and turned my head to look out the window, looking away from him. I saw him look at me in my peripheral vision.

"Ronni..." he said, seriously. I looked down at my bare feet.

He spoke, in an almost whisper. "You know I like you, right?" he said, softly

I widened my eyes, I couldn't have been more surprised if David Bowey made his way into our fort, and gave Gavin a lap dance. My heart skipped a beat, and doubled in pace. Butterflies consumed my stomach.

"Ronni?" he asked. I didn't answer. I was still in awe. I was speechless. "I - I guess you don't feel the same.." His sentence trailed off.

I quickly turned around to face him, "No. I do Gav." I stumbled over my words "I-I like you too. alot." I said, turning away once again.
Suddenly I felt a hand on my cheek, lifting my chin.
My eyes met with his. Hazel, and gorgeous, sparkling.
I watched as he bit his lip, and then let out a deep breath, suddenly leaning towards me.
I closed my eyes, and our lips collided. Gavin's perfect lips pressed against my own, and his hands pulled me, putting more pressure into our kiss. Our lips still locked, his hands left my face, and traveled back, tangling into my dark hair. Making their way to the nape of my neck, his broad hands dropped to my waist, and pulled me towards him. I parted my lips, obviously, and just as I felt his tongue slide across my bottom lip, I heard the door crash open and a shocked "Woah." from Maggie, as I heard bags drop to the floor in utter suprise.
♠ ♠ ♠
yayyyy!!!! :D