Ocala Is Calling

Epiphany

The past few weeks had been nothing short of difficult. Watching Gavin's appearance and personality slowly diteriorate had taken a toll on my happiness, and sometimes I had to go home just to get away from the reality that was slowly setting in.

"What's wrong, Ronni?" Gavin asked me earlier today, as I reached for my cell phone on his dresser and walked out the door, tears beginning to stream down my cheeks.

"Hey!" he said, grasping my arm and pulling me around to face him just as I reached the doorway. His face went sullen when he noticed the salty tears running down my cheeks, streaking my face black with mascara.

I wiped the tears, and smeared make-up from my face and wiped it on my jeans. He cradled my head in his right arm and pulled me into a hug, planting a kiss on the top of my head.

"I'm sorry." He said whole-heartedly, "I'm sorry I'm doing this to you."

"Don't be." I replied, pressing my lips to his in a long kiss. "I have to get home."

The scene replayed in my head over and over again, reminding me that I wasn't lucky enough to be stuck in an all-too-realistic nightmare. At least now I was in the sanctity of my own home where I could console with a fleece blanket and an enormous bowl of Reese's Ice cream.

The tears ceased and an epiphany slowly crept into my mind.

I was being selfish. I was being so covetous, and idiotic. I was spending so much time worrying about my own feelings. Solely mourning by myself because of my own losses, when Gavin needed me more than ever. He had even said so. How could I be so selfish.

I drew back my curtains, and opened my window. I glanced around my room, until my eyes set upon an empty soda can sitting on my night stand. I picked it up, and hurled it at the window across from me.

The curtains in the window across from me pulled back revealing the beautiful boy I was calling for. Gavin sat, Xbox controller in hand. A smile swept across his face, he reached for the whiteboard, and scribbled.

You're the one initiating these conversations now?

i wrote back with a smile,

Yes, I am. How are you?

He squinted, reading my cursive then averted his eyes to his own board, scribbling.

great now that I'm looking at your beautiful face

A playful smirk spread across his face.

mutual feeling, i wrote back with a cheezy grin.

he began to write,

hey i've got a dr's appointment tom. Im driving there all by myself. come?

A pout formed on his face.

I scribbled back, how could I say no to a face like that?

You can't he wrote back, i need to go to bed though. come over around seven.

alright I replied.

sleep tight, baby.he scribbled.

you too. I wrote back, unable to hold back my full smile.

I dropped the curtains, and got the best sleep I had in almost a month.