Ocala Is Calling

Gavin would love it

After spending hours in the mall we had come to the last shop that we hadn't gone in yet. Maggie had already tried on, and discarded half of the dresses available in her size, and my feet were starting to throb.

I paced around the formal section of the store waiting for Maggie to find a dress she liked, glancing at dresses in the nines until I came upon a pale pink dress with an enormous bow. It was gorgeous, and I couldn't help myself but to try it on.

I carried it into the dressing room, and once it was on glanced in the mirror. I sighed, and tilted my head to the side.

"VEE!" I heard Maggie shout.

I opened the door, and stepped out to see her standing outside her dressing room in a white, blue, and green floral dress, that looked absolutely stunning in contrast to her blue eyes, and pale complexion.

"That's the one" I said

"That's what I thought" She confirmed.

"Now what is THIS?" She asked, tugging on the pink fabric wrapped around me.

"Oh, I was just bored while you were trying stuff on." I replied.

"You know what?" She asked

"huh?" I pulled the hair out of my face.

"Come with me to the banquet, please?" She asked with a smile.

"Magg, I dunnnoo. I don't have any money, and.."

she put her hand over my mouth.

"In the words of Vin...'I GOT THIS!'" she said, laughing.

I laughed with her.

"He'll love it." She said, implying Gavin, and the dress.

All I could do was smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Break out! Break out!
As we escape through the windows-
Head for the car, and never look back- singing-singing-
"Break out! Break out!
Our time has come and we've got these big city dreams."


The alarm on my phone rang. I rolled over on my bed to look at the clock,
7:30?!
I had ten minutes to get my ass up and get to school.
I threw the sheets off of me, and ran to the bathroom. What to do first...
I turned on my straightner. While waiting for it to heat I threw concealer over my face, along with powder, and then ran a thin line of eyeliner under my eyes, and above my eyelids.. I swept mascara across my eyelashes and then ran to my dress for clothes. I tossed off my baggy, wrinkled pajamas, and threw on a pair of dark skinnies, and a grey v-neck. I grabbed a green Volcom hoodie off the corner of my bed, and threw it on. I ran back to the bathroom, straightened my hair, grabbed my grey backpack off the floor, and scrambled downstairs.

"Mom, ride?" I asked, staring at her sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in hand.

"I suppose" she said with a sigh.

What a fantastic way to start the first day of school.