The Past Belongs In The Past

Chapter Eleven- Forever

“Wave goodbye Maddie.” I said and I stood up to get off the bus.

She waved through her tears. “I don’t want to go yet!” she sniffled “I want to see the show!”

“Maybe some other time.” Gerard told her. He picked her up and wiped away the tears rolling down her chubby little cheeks. “Can I see a smile?” he asked, giving her his own.

“No!” she said angrily, folding her arms and turning her head away from him.

“Oh, well I was going to give you a present but if you’re being mean…” he trailed off.

She brightened up immediately and put on a huge grin. “I’m smiling now! See!”

He shook his head. “No I don’t think you really want the present…”

“I do I do I do!” she squealed.

He put her down and presented her with a toddler sized My Chemical Romance t-shirt.

“I think it’s the same size as your mum’s one too…” he said raising his eyebrow at me and smirking.

“I love it soooo much!” Madison cried. She then proceeded to strip off her old shirt and put on the new one.

“Mother’s daughter…” Frank mumbled with a mischievous grin.

“Oy!” I exclaimed and Gerard hit him over the back of the head.

“Ow that hurt!”

“It’s not nice to hit people dad!” Madison said with a shocked face.

“I know it’s not, I’m sorry honey,” he said sheepishly.

“Say sorry to Frankie.” She instructed with a stern face.

“Hey who’s the parent!?”

“I have to say sorry, why don’t you?”

“You’re right.” He turned to Frank who was in muffled hysterics. “I’m sorry Frank,” he said through gritted teeth.

“Now you say…” she encouraged Frank.

“I accept your apology, Gerard.” Frank said between fits of laughter. “I like this one.” He gave Maddie a high five.

“I taught her everything I know.” I said not so modestly picking her up.

Frank opened his mouth as if to say something but as soon as Madison couldn’t see, Gerard hit him over the head again.

“Hey what was that for!?” He yelled grabbing at the back of his head.

“You were going to say something ‘smart’.”

“Your fucking ring fucking hurts!”

“Oy child in the bus!” I exclaimed uselessly putting my hands over Maddie’s ears.

But I saw there was another reason that Frank looked like he wished he hadn’t spoken. I saw it a moment before Gerard hid his hand out of sight.

The wedding band he wore.

But he didn’t wear it as a wedding band. It was on his right hand. I recognised it instantly.
I had bought it with him. I had the matching one at home in the back of my wardrobe.

Matching right down to the engraving.

Gerard + Anna
Forever.