The Past Belongs In The Past

Chapter Twenty Four- A Short Kiss Goodnight?

The drive back to my place was filled by me bombarding Adam with questions about his work and life. Nothing too personal, just ‘how did you get started as a band?’ sort of stuff. He politely answered them all with an amused look of his face.

“So you’ve never regretted taking up music?” I asked.

“Never.” He replied simply. I fell into a pensive silence, thinking about any regrets in my life. None, Madison is my life and she is the best thing about it.

“Interrogation over?” He asked after a moment.

I grinned at him in a childish fashion. Adam pulled into my driveway and turned off the car. He got out, walked around to my side of the car and opened my door.

“I had a really great time.” I said as I fumbled to retrieve my keys as we stood on my front porch.

“Yea, so did I.” Adam said, flashing me one of his heart-melting smiles.

I paused when I finally got my front door unlocked. I was quite sure I wasn’t quite ready to have this night be over. I loved just being around Adam. “Well…I…I guess I’ll see you tomorrow at kindergarten…good night…” I began to turn around and go inside when I felt a strong hand gently grab my shoulder. I spun around and was met by Adam’s face just inches from mine. He didn’t say anything aloud, he just pulled me closer to him and kissed me. My heart skipped a beat and I felt like a teenager again.

“Would you like to come in?” I said, quite out of breath.

He simply pushed me through the door and shut it behind us.

Of that night, it was what Anna didn’t see that she’d regret the most. The rental car parked across the street driven by a handsome man with jet-black hair and a face similar to that of her daughter, who had seen the couple go inside the house. The driver furiously slammed down the accelerator and sped down the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just because I already teased you enough with it.
Meh, might just give you another one because this one was so short

Comments please!