The Past Belongs In The Past

Chapter Three- MILF

“Maddie time to get up and get ready for kindergarten!”

“I don’t want to go to kindy.” She grumbled.

“Come on you love playing with all the other kids, and your teacher Joanne is really nice isn’t she?”

“Yes…”

“So let’s get up and go!” I said enthusiastically.

“Okay…” I helped Madison get up and get dressed.

“I want to be a superhero today!”

“A superhero?”

“Jamie got to be batman yesterday, I want to be a superhero too!”

“Okay which one?”

“Superman!” she exclaimed jumping up onto a chair and jumping off in an attempt to fly.

“Superman? But you’re a girl!”

“Um…super girl!”

“Okay that I can do.”

I found her the red tights which she had worn to a Christmas party we went to last year -a little small now but she spent a good amount of time convincing me that they fit-, my superman pyjama top complete with iconic S, some blue shorts and a piece of red material I was going to make into a bandana for her but became a cape.

Breakfast and then we were out the door.

“Say thank you, Maddie.” I told her as we got off the bus in front of her kindergarten.

“Thank you Mr Bus Driver, sir.” She said robotically.

“Good girl.”

We wandered into the kindergarten where twenty or so other little three-year-olds were rushing around.

“Hey isn’t that your friend Jamie over there? You can go show him your costume if you want.”
“Okay!” she said and she ran off, leaving me to stand by myself. I sat down on a bench by the swings, not far from where Jamie was.

When Madison reached Jamie she turned around and waved at me. I waved back and noticed that the eyes of the man Jamie had been with followed from Madison’s wave to me. He was not much older than I, wearing an expensive looking suit, which was way out of place in the playground he was standing in and from the way he stood, he thought a lot of himself. When he caught sight of me he smirked in a slightly sleazy way and casually wandered over to me.

“Looks like you got another one.” said Madison’s teacher, who was also a friend of mine, Joanne in a singsong voice as she passed by. “Poor guy…be nice.”

“Shush you!” I snapped.

“Hey I’m Jackson.” The guy said in a smooth voice when he reached me. He sat down next to me.

“Anna.”

“So you’re Madison’s sister?” he asked coolly.

“No, mother.” I said firmly with a touch of coldness. He looked taken aback.

“Whoa. You don’t look old enough to have a daughter.”

“You have a son.” I said bluntly.

“Jamie?” he said looking a little confused then he laughed like it was completely absurd that the little boy he was dropping off at preschool was his son. “No, no way, he’s my nephew.”

“How nice.” I said coldly. I was sick of being judged by the other parents at Maddie’s kindergarten.

I watched his eyes move to my left hand and after noticing I wore no wedding band nor engagement ring said, “So I was wondering if maybe we could get a coffee sometime, without the kids of course.” He placed his hand on my thigh. I glared at it for a moment. For someone with a three-year-old I have a wicked short temper.

“Look Jackson.” I said boldly and I lifted his hand off of my leg. “Just because I’m young with a child and no wedding ring does not mean I’m easy.”

He looked stunned. “I didn’t…” he stammered

“Yea yea ‘you didn’t mean that’, but yea you did.” I said interrupting him. I kept my voice low because of the kids around us; this made me sound quite a bit more menacing also.

“Madison is my life and you obviously can’t stand children and your just looking to get laid by the hot mum. I suggest that you and your Armani suit try someone else.”

He sat there for a moment looking like a possum that would soon become road kill.

“Buh bye.” I said sweetly and he got up and wandered away in a daze.

“Another one bites the dust.” Laughed Joanne as she took the seat Jackson had just vacated.

“I’m sick of it.”

“Oh Hun, get over it! You’re the young MILF among the regular middle-aged, pre-menopausal woman.”

“Joanne! You’re a kindergarten teacher!”

“Yea and you are a lot more entertaining.”