Status: Completed.

You Talk Like You're Famous, You're Shameless.

Chapter 13.

“It sucks…”

“No thank you.”

“I hate it.”

I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. Maybe if I stayed like this long enough, she might disappear.

“I look like a hobo on this one, don’t you think?”

I rolled my eyes, bit back a nasty comment and fake a smile.

“Of course not Emily, you look awesome, as always” I said, flipping through a magazine, pretending to be interested in the gossips.

“See, I’m on the front page again, but I did not slept with him!” she protested, with an annoyed sigh. I chuckled, reading about Britney’s latest news when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Excuse me Ma’am. Do you have the time?” I turned around only to see a young girl, about 11 years old.

“Yeah?”

“I was supposed to meet my mother here, what time is it?” she asked shyly.

“Sure,” I mumbled, searching for my cell phone. “10.30am” I said to the girl.

“Thank you!” she said, obviously relieved before walking away. I smiled.

“What was that?” asked Emily, looking weirdly at me.

“She just needed the time.” I said, waving it off. She should stop being so noisy and mind her own business for once. I had better things to do than reading every single gossip magazine, trying to see if they were or weren’t talking about me. Obviously, this was her new favourite activity… Which I find totally boring, I mean we weren’t even that famous. Her ego was nearly as big as Brian’s… Okay, no… Scratch that, hers was bigger.

I sighed and put the magazine back in place. Seriously, why did I even bother to come back to N.Y.C? I was doing just fine in L.A…

Sharing my time between having fun, hanging in hotel rooms and going out. I bit my lip, I missed them. I had been back in N.Y for a couple of days and I already missed Jimmy’s crazy antics, not to mention Jess and the guys, and Zacky of course.

Goddamnit. I shouldn’t be thinking like that, Scarlet, focus.

“Oh my God!”

I was brought back to earth by Emily’s hysterical scream.

“What the fuck is that?” she yelled, shoving me a magazine in the face.

“No idea…” I replied absent-mindly, my mind drifting back to those few days in L.A, wondering when I was going to receive the pictures…

“Can you explain me what the fuck you are doing with that?” she yelled, causing a few people to look at us weirdly. I took the magazine and looked at it, wanting nothing more than to shove it down her throat so she would shut up.

“Explain what?” I asked, annoyed.

“That” she screeched, pointing her finger on a picture of a girl and a boy walking out of what looked like a hotel.

“Hum, that would be human beings walking together?” I asked dumbly. God, was she stupid…

“Explain why the fuck would you cheat on Justin with that scumbag?”

“Justin? I didn’t cheat on him!” I protested, looking at her with wide eyes.

“Then why the hell are you holding hand with that punk!” she screamed, making a scene. I focussed on the picture and realized that I was holding hands with Zacky on that picture. We were walking out of the hotel.

Okay, well… I might have gotten closer to Zacky, but you know… Not that much…
Okay, I lied.

Zacky and I might have fooled around a little, but it wasn’t anything important… It was a one time thing. So I shouldn’t be bothered by that photo, right?

I have nothing to feel sorry for, I mean, when you look at the picture, we’re just holding hands. Nothing more.

“It’s nothing Emily, he’s an old friend.” I said, with a dismissive wave of my hand.

“Justin is going to be so pissed!” she said.

I shrugged. I couldn’t care less.

**

I was back to square one, getting ready to go to the club with Justin, but for some reason, I had a bad feeling about the whole thing. And I really didn’t wanted to go. It was even worse than before.

I knew Jess was still in L.A for an other week, and Emily was going to be a pain in the ass. Like always. But it seems to have gotten worse since she saw the photo.

I got in Justin’s car.

“Is there anything wrong?” he asked, driving towards the club.

“Nothing to worry about...” I replied vaguely. He didn’t say anything, just nodded. And the drive was silent after that.

I was having a hard containing myself at the club. Justin was talking with his friends and I was left on my own. I just wanted to grab my things and take the next flight for L.A. I missed them, and I missed him

I shook my head slightly and ordered and other shot, trying to clear my head. It wasn’t going to help… but whatever.

The more I looked at Justin, the more I wanted to slap him. He looked so arrogant, talking with his bunch of assholes.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, please God, help me somehow…

The crappy song changed and the next one to come was actually not that bad. I drank my shot and got up, making my way to the dance floor.
I started dancing to the beat, getting lost in the music as I felt someone dancing behind me. I had drunk too much and too fast so the few shots I already had weren’t doing any good to me. I let the person dance with me, without facing the person. When I felt an arm wrapping around my waist and someone kissing my temple.

My eyes widened as I turned around and was face to face with Zacky. I squealed and threw my arms around his neck.

Unaware that Justin was watching me… with Emily by his side, telling him about the photos.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for your comments on the lact chapter, hope you'll like this one.