Sequel: Beautiful Deception
Status: November 29th, 2009: First chapter of the Sequel will be posted on December 2nd so stay tuned :]

Deadly Perception

Dance Floor Anthem

Freedom has never tasted so sweet. As soon as Jack pulled into the parking lot, I opened the door and stumbled out of the car. I shook my legs trying to regain the feeling in them. They were rather numb since I had spent the whole car ride scrunched up in the corner of the passenger seat trying to make myself as small of a target as possible. Except for Jack making a few comments about how retarded I looked sitting like that and how dumb I was to give Nick the time of day, the ride went rather smoothly.

Jack slammed the door of the car shut and came around to me tossing his arm around my shoulders. I grimaced as he steered me toward the school. What the hell was this? He wasn't my date, so why as he acting like it? All around me were couples and groups of friends all dressed up in fancy outfits.

"Hey, orphan, you clean up nice," Nate commented slipping his arm around my waist as we neared the door. I could faintly hear a loud upbeat song ringing from inside. I had to admit that I found what Nate had said rather offensive. Not only that but I felt like a slut being pressed between the two guys like some kind of sandwich.

Blaze and the other guys moved over to my right to talk to Jack. I saw Dalton raise his eyebrows at Jack in question. Jack mouthed 'Later' to him. Later, what? Blaze's eyes flickered to me for the briefest moment. I couldn't read his expression, but it scared me. I immediately looked away and waited impatiently as the group in front of us went through the doors.

I felt a hand grab my ass and I immediately turned to Nate, who was looking in the other direction and nonchalantly humming a tune. I smacked his upside the head and pulled away from the group altogether without even glancing back. I pushed my way through the crowd by the door. I was sick and tired of guys groping me tonight, and I just wanted to find Nick.

The gym was decorated beautifully. Red, black, and purple streamers and balloons hung from the sealing and the lights were dimmed low, but still bright enough for everyone to see. There was a DJ stand at the far end of the gym and a huge dance floor spread out in front of me. The rest of the gym was taken up by tables and chairs as well as a heavily loaded snack bar. It was almost half full already. I didn't see Nick, but I spotted Kayla and Helena over by the nearest set of chairs. I shrugged and made my way over.

"Hey, Riley," Helena said enthusiastically giving me a small one armed hug, which I returned. She and Kayla were bobbing there heads to the music and singing along. Just by listening I learned the words to the song. They were straightforward and pretty easy so follow so I sang along and waved my hands in the air with Kayla and Helena.

'Everybody, put up your hands say
I don't wanna be in love, I don't wanna be in love
Feel the beat now, if you've got nothing left say
I don't wanna be in love, I don't wanna be in love
Back it up now, you've got a reason to live say
I don't wanna be in love, I don't wanna be in love
Feelin' good now, don't be afraid to get down say
I don't wanna be in love, I don't wanna be in love'

Out of the corner f my eye I saw the guys come into the gym, but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered except for my friends and the song.

Suddenly, someone put their hands over my eyes. I yanked myself out of their grip thinking that it was Jack. When I turned around, Nick was standing there looking absolutely adorable. He was wearing a dark red shirt and black slacks, His hair was spiked up slightly and his light blue eyes sparkled.

He grinned widely at me and I couldn't help but smile as he hugged me. When we pulled apart, his fingers brushed a stray strand of hair away from my face before he cupped my cheek gently. He kissed my forehead, my cheek, my jaw, and then finally brought his lips against mine. It was neither a hurried nor rushed kiss, it was slow and tasteful.

This night was going to be absolutely perfect/
♠ ♠ ♠
Of course there's one important thing about perfection that she forgot about-->It doesn't last forever.
Our dear Riley is gonna have to learn that the hard way.
But, the question is- How?
COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT for the next chapter
(its all written out and ready 4 u guys 2 read ;-]] )