Sequel: Beautiful Deception
Status: November 29th, 2009: First chapter of the Sequel will be posted on December 2nd so stay tuned :]

Deadly Perception

That Famous Happy End... Or Not

'You're in my arms
And all the world is calm'

"Oh, I love this song," Nick said excitedly poking me in the side to get my attention, which caused me to giggle. I looked up at him from my position with my head resting on his chest and I shifted in his lap so that I could see him better. We were sitting at one of the many tables with Helena, Kayla, Gretchen, and Rachel. Nick's friends-Adrian, Mark, and Michael-were with us too.

"What song is it?" I asked listening to the tune, it was light and gentle and the words were nice.

'The music playing on
For only two
So close together
And when I'm with you
So close to feel alive'

"It's called So Close by John McLaughlin," he answered gently pushing me off of his lap. He stood up and extended his hand out toward me. "Riley O'Keiff, may I have this dance?" He asked sweetly. I nodded and couldn't keep the large grin off my face as he pulled me onto the dance floor. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his shoulders. He rested his head on my shoulder and sang the words of the song in my ear. His voice was just as beautiful as the rest of him. Suddenly, it was only the two of us on the dance floor. Everyone else just seemed to fade into the background.

'A life goes by
Romantic must dreams will stop
So I bid mine goodbye
And never knew
So close was waiting
Waiting here with you
And now, forever, I know
All that I wanted to hold you
So close'

Nick twirled me under his arm before embracing me again and kissing me gently. He pressed his forehead against mine and began singing the chorus to me.

'So close to reaching
That famous happy end
Almost believing
This was not pretend
Now, you're beside me
And look how far we've come
So far
We are...
So close'

I smiled when he tangled his fingers together with mine before kissing my hand. "You know..." He trailed off for a minute letting the words of the song sink in. "This should be our song. I don't know about you, but I think it fits us perfectly."

He didn't have any idea how much I agreed with that. All this time I'd always wanted to be here, like this, in his arms, yet it has taken so long. Every time I thought it would happen, something would cause us to break apart. We'd get so close to truly confessing our feelings for each other and then something got screwed up. But, not this time. That 'famous happy end' that they talked bout in the song was right here, right now. So far we were where we needed to be all along.

That was until somebody roughly grabbed my arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know about you guys but I find this chapter soo cute. I was listening to the song while I was writing it and OMG! Riley's quite the luckyy girl at the moment.
Anyway, who decided to ruin Nick and Riley's romantic moment? Any ideas guys?
COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT 2 find out in the next chapter!
I already have it written out and I'm excited to post itt!!!!