Sequel: Beautiful Deception
Status: November 29th, 2009: First chapter of the Sequel will be posted on December 2nd so stay tuned :]

Deadly Perception

First Impressions Are Always Right

That morning I pulled on the clothes that I had laid out the previous night-a yellow halter top and jean shorts. It was hot outside! And I mean scorching. Early May and we were already at the border of one-freaking-hundred degrees. I went downstairs to see that Mrs. O'Keiff had left a note for me next to a plate of chocolate chip pancakes with powdered sugar that spelled out 'Good Luck'. God, have I told you lately that I love her?

Riley,
Mr. O'Keiff and I had to leave early for work this morning.
I'm sorry that I can't wish you good luck in person, but I
hope the pancakes will suffice. Have a great first day,
and I'll see you later tonight!
-Mrs. O'Keiff
P.S. I've already talked to Jack, and he'll drive you to and from school.

As if right of cue, Jack came in looking hotter than ever in his khaki shorts and dark green polo. His dreadlocks were tied with a thick rubber band, and a few of them escaped into his eyes. I tried to ignore him as best I could as he went to get himself a glass of orange juice. I shoveled pieces of pancake into my mouth one bite after the other to keep myself occupied.

"When you're ready, come out to the car," Jack said draining his juice and grabbing an apple before leaving. Wow! Not one perverted advance or comment yet. Was this my lucky day or what? I finished my pancakes and milk in a considerably good mood.

I grabbed my things and went out to the car where Jack was waiting with an impatient look on his face. "What?" I asked as I slid into the passenger seat. I examined my shoulder blade length pin straight hair in the mirror and ran my fingers through it. I wanted to make a good first impression.

"Nothing," he mumbled. What was up with him today? He's acting so... normal. We rode the whole way in silence with rap music playing low in the background.

He pulled into the Brookedale High School parking lot and got out of the car without saying anything to me. I shrugged and got out as well pulling my dark purple backpack with me. The High School was large and intimidating. Everywhere around me were kids slapping hands and giving each other hugs in the parking lot. I already felt like an outcast. I saw Jack standing over by a bunch of big muscular and... rather scary-looking senior guys. That was the last place I wanted to be. I ducked my head down and made a beeline for the school.

I wandered around for a bit until I saw a big sign saying Main Office. I pushed the door open and saw an old lady with graying hair sitting at the front desk talking on the phone. She looked busy so I took a seat next to the only other person in the room- a boy with short dirty blonde hair. From what I could see of his face-which was buried into a book-he was kind of cute. I sat there awkwardly looking down at my hands folded in my lap. I could see him look up and give me a questioning look every once and a while, but other than that, he didn't acknowledge my presence. Not that I cared.

Th lady finally put down the phone and looked over at us. She sighed in joking exasperation. "Nicholas, what have you done this time?" She asked the boy sitting next to me with humor in her voice. I looked at him briefly and saw him give her an innocent smile. Wow! My first expression was right. He was kind of cute. No, not kind of. Very. Who cares though, he probably has a girlfriend. The cute ones always do.

"Nothing I shouldn't have, ma'am," he answered. She shook her head chuckling as he handed her a note. She read it over and then looked at me.

"Hello dear," she said to me giving me a sweet smile. The boy turned to look at me too. "I don't think I've ever seen you before. Are you Riley O'Keiff by any chance?"

I nodded my head trying my hardest not to look at the boy, who looked to be about my age. "Yes, that's me," I answered politely standing up. I went over to shake her hand.

"Perfect timing," she said. Then she pointed to the boy. "Nicholas here is going to help you out with finding your classes since it's your first day." I turned and smiled at him reaching out my hand and he took it shaking it gently.

"Nice to meet you," I said shyly as he grinned at me. Wow! He has a nice smile.

"Pleasure's all mine," he answered back. He said goodbye to the secretary, whose name I still didn't know, and then he opened the door for me ushering me through. I smiled graciously and waited while he closed the door quietly behind me.

"By the way," he began as we started to walk down the hallway.

"Yes."

"Call me Nick."
♠ ♠ ♠
second update 2day...yay!!!
rate n mssge<3...tell me wat u think
-i mite update again 2day, idk yet!!
^rating n mssging will help me make the decision ;-)