Maybe It Wasn't Meant to Be.

Standing In The Rain.

Draco's lips were still tingling. He was sitting in the rain. His robes were soaking and his hair was messy. He paid no attention to these things. All he could think about was what had just happened.

She had tripped. I quickly caught her. All of a sudden my lips were on hers.

He wondered how they lips made contact. Did he slip like her and their lips collided? Did she somehow tried to get up but hit his lips? Did he somehow sweet talked her to kiss him?
Or possibly bribe? Threaten?

She laid there. Motionless. Only kissing.

Maybe she was confused, thought Draco. Maybe she thought she was kissing Harry. Draco punched the ground at the thought.

Her eyes were red and puffy, but beautiful none the less.

Her eyes were filled with tears. Draco didn't like the idea of this. Hermione would be very upset if she had not kissed who she aiming to kiss and also he didn't want the love of his life kiss him just because she thought he was someone else.

She reacted shy towards me, like usual.

He knew she never acted like that around Harry. She couldn't have mistaken him for Harry.But did she really want to kiss me, he asked himself.

My lips were against her. She made no movements. Her hands were not moving up and down my back and nor was she making any sounds. Her lips were the only things that made any action.

Maybe she was scared. Too shocked to move, thought Draco. Maybe she wanted to push him, punch him, run away, but couldn't? He thought she was just too paralyzed to move. What if she thought I was raping her, he asked himself.

She wasn't moving, except her lips. Her soft, sweet lips. They were kissing mine. They were pressed against mine. The softness of flesh against flesh.

It was true. She did kiss him. She made no attempt to get away when they're lips touched. Only after a minute did she get away. But how about that minute? That minute of warmth?

She did not push me or tried to get away. She stayed there with me.

Maybe she did have feelings for him. Draco wasn't sure. Everything was so confusing. He knew he had to work this out. He just knew he had to apologize for what seemed to be the best day of his life.