Maybe It Wasn't Meant to Be.

Away On A Broom.

Even though the days were hot, the nights were getting cooler. Hermione always adored the refreshing breeze. She moved towards the window next to her bed. She rested her hands on the windowsil. Her hands felt something soft. She looked down. It was a pure red rose.
She picked up the rose and smelled it's sweet fragrance.

"It's lovely isn't it?"

She drew her attention from the rose to outside the window where Draco was sitting on his broom.

Hermione jumped back in surpirse.

"Draco?"

"I'm sorry if I scared you."

"Oh, it's..uhm.."

She didn't know what to say. She was stunned that Draco didn't seem to so horrible now. And she was also stunned that her heart wasn't beating heavily because she was angry at him, but merely impressed.

"I just wanted to apologize," he said,breaking the silence, as he flew closer to the window.

"Oh..."

"I don't want you to be scared of me or hate me. I know you don't feel the same way I do, but I just want to be friends. Is that okay?"

Hermione leaned against the window and looked at Draco. He was curious to what she had to say so he moved towards her too.

"Actually, I did want to kiss you," she said somewhat shyly.

She leaned forwards and pressed her lips against Draco's. Draco was surprised at her actions, but he did not dislike them. He placed on hand on her back and on her curly brown hair. Her kiss was passionate and wet. She balanced on Draco's lips. She put all her weight on it. She slowly moved out the window, but Draco caught her as she left the it. Draco set her down softly on the back of his broom.

"Care for a ride?"

"Certainly."

"Hold on now."

Hermione barely had a second to wrap her arms around Draco's torso. He sped through the air quickly. He finally stopped at the top of the astronomy tower. The stars were bright. They seemed to be out just for Draco and Hermione.

Draco wrapped his arms around Hermione's shoulders and kissed her. Hermione didn't want to ruin the wonderful, but she was too curious.She pulled away.

"Draco?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you so nice all of a sudden? I know you like me and that's why your like this, but why now? Why not last year? Or any earlier?"

"Oh..."

Draco looked up at the stars like he was searching for his answer in the stars.Hermione took her hand and turned Draco's eyes towards her.

"Well, it was my father."

"Your father?"

"Yes. He never wanted me to like a Muggle-Born. He always controlled my life. He told me to be hate Harry and any blood traitors like Ron. He always told me to be on good grounds with Snape and always be..well..who I was a year ago. He told me to hurt people. To be be kind only to pure bloods. To become a deatheater," Draco revealed the mark on his arm. "And when I wouldn't listen he'd hurt me."

Hermione gave a gasp and shook her head hoping Draco was lying.

"It's true. And when I still wouldn't listen he would put the Imperius curse on me..."

Hermione was in tears. She couldn't believe anyone would hurt and control their child like that.

"What about your mother?"

"She was never there. She loved me, but she was just never there when my father hurted me."

Hermione looked at him with tearful eyes. She just couldn't believe how much pain a person could be given.

"But that doesn't matter now," he said as he wrapped his arms around Hermione once more.

"Because I've got you for now..." he faded off as he kissed her neck. Hermione placed her hands on Draco's back as he placed his lips along her neck. His lips made her give a warm shudder.

Hermione felt wonderful. Someone that cared for her. Helped her. And loved her.

"Because I've got you for now..."

Suddenly she came to relization about his last sentence.

"What do you mean for now?"

Draco placed his hands on one side of Hermione's cheeks.

"You see there are still deatheaters. Many were loyal to Voldemort. I was one of the few that regretted being a deatheater. When they have found a new leader for the deatheaters, I will be one of the first to be killed," he said smoothly without a hesitation.

"To be killed?"

"Yes. I know that I will have to die," he said calmly. He knew his death was coming and he could not avoid it. He just wanted to make the best of his life.

"But-"

Draco interupted her.

"Don't worry," was all he said as he placed his lips on Hermione's mouth again. She wanted to push him off and tell him something, but she soon forgot about it as her lips were getting wet from Draco's tongue. Slowly they moved back to the window. Draco placed Hermione on the windowsill. He gave her one last kiss. He held onto her and did not want to let go. His kiss gave meaning and power. At last he bit onto her bottom lip and disappreared.