Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter o10

“Yeah well I’m good at reading people and you don’t want to hate him.”

“Stay out of my head! What about Matt? You want him to think of you more than a friend.” She said trying to turn the tables. I shrugged “You also hate the fact that he can make you weak at the knees with a simple smile.”

“Okay new rule! No more deep insights that we’re not ready to hear!”

“Deal.” She smiled.

***
I could tell that we we’re becoming fast friends. It was nice to have a girl around for once! We currently sat in my living room watching old cartoons and gorging on various candy items we bought at the store.

“It was totally the butler!” She exclaimed as Fred was about to pull the villain’s mask off.

“No way! It’s totally the gardener!” I said gesturing to the screen.

“Oh.” We said at the same time when it turned out to be the banker.

“Well I didn’t see that one coming.” I said grabbing a Swedish Fish from the bag.

“Agreed.” She said grabbing a handful of skittles. The door bell rang and I shot up to answer it.

“Hey Matt!” I said happily “And... Lexi?” I said rather confused as to why she was here.

They stepped in and she looked around “Oh how... quant.” She plastered a fake smile on her plastic face.

“Matt come here I want to show you something!” I said grabbing his hand and leading him into the kitchen. “You two can’t fuck here.” I said bluntly while crossing my arms over my chest.

“We won’t! I just want the two girls in my life to get along! So please don’t start a fight.” He begged.

“You should tell her that.” I snarled and walked past him back to the den.

Carleigh and Lexi were in an uncomfortable silence when I walked in. I sat back down and turned my attention back to the next Scooby Doo episode.

“Aren’t you like too old for this like kid stuff?” She asked twirling a piece of fried hair.

“Like, I don’t really care.” I said sweetly. She wasn’t really sure what to say back but luckily Matt came to the rescue.

“So when did you and Cain meet?” He directed this question to Carleigh.

“A week or so. Cain and I met at the book store.”

“Oh cool, have you met the rest of the gang?”

“Not really the only other one I met was Brian.” I met her gaze once she said this and quickly looked away after she shot me a glare.

“Well we have to take you to band practice soon then.” He smiled warmly at her; he always knew how to make someone feel welcome.

“You’re in a band?” The ditz said with a puzzled look on.

“You didn’t know that?” I asked, they had played some local shows and most of our high school went.

She ignored me and ran a hand up his arm “I love guitar players.” Was this her lame attempt at seduction?

“He’s the lead singer idiot.” I said gaping at her.

“What did you just call me you whore?!”

“You’re in my house don’t go around being a hypocrite, so either shut the fuck up or get the hell out.” I sneered.

“Are you going to let her speak to me like that?!” She gasped.

“Cain, apologize.” He pleaded.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got five comments! you guys rock! And thank you to d.I.o.m.o for the kick in the ass I needed