Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter o14

We were back at school and Carleigh and I decided to try and find Adam around. The guys were confused as to where we were going but oh well. They can live with out us for one lunch! Can’t they?

No matter where we looked we couldn’t seem to find him but on our last swoop of the art complex we spotted him.

Well rather he spotted us “Hey! Cain!” He shouted out waving like a maniac to get our attention.

We trotted over there to see him sitting with a group of three other people.

“Hey Adam!” I said waving my hand a little awkwardly.

He gave a large grin and pulled me into a huge bear hug. “This is Caleb,” He pointed to a boy with red shaggy hair “Damien,” this boy had purple and black hair “And of course Max.” Max had brown hair that was to his shoulders.

“I’m Cain and this is Carleigh!” I said happily. I loved to meet new people. For the rest of the lunch we talked and got to know each other. It turns out that their group has a lot of the same tastes as us. It felt like I’ve known them as long as the guys.

***
I got home to see my mother’s car in the drive way, which is an unusual sight to see now a days.

I walked into the house and called out “Mom?” I heard a sniff from the kitchen and walked in to see her sitting at the table staring at a letter with tears silently pouring down her face.

“Mom?!” I asked running over to her and pulling her into a large hug. “What happened? What’s going on?!” I said franticly. She handed me the letter silently begging me to read it.

Dear Sara,
I’m sorry I left you and Cain. I’m sorry I couldn’t provide for you. And I’m sorry at how much pain I caused you.
I’ve been seeing a therapist and he says that I need to find closure. I need to see you both in person. I have to say all this to your face. But most of all I need to see Cain.
I know it’s a lot to ask to be a part of your lives but I need this, and I know you do too. It must hurt to grow up with out a father. So if I could possible stay for a while with you or you come out here to New York I think we could all feel so much better.

Love,
David


I stared at the letter. Now he wants to see me?! Now he realizes that it hurts to be thrown away?! Who does he think he is?! I collapsed next to my still shaking mother and buried my face in my hands. If I could survive twelve years with out him then why do I need to see him now?!

But then I remembered, he wants to find closure. This is all about him feeling better, never mind the pain it’s caused us!

He left when I was five, we don’t know what happened he just up and left! We’ve gone years with out a scrap of news and out of the blue he wants to see us!

A newfound hatred for the man burst into life. I never wanted to see him and he can just whine some more to his lousy therapist.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a lot of inspiration to write this one and the next one should be out soon!

and if everyone who has subscribed could comment that would be amazing!!! Please please please comment, it would mean the world to me!