Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter o18

It was the day of Mac’s arrival, and of course the party! Carleigh and I had set up the living room with a large banner saying ‘Welcome Home!’. It was a few minutes away from when she would open the door and everyone (the gang and all our family) was hiding around the room.

When the door finally opened it revealed a girl about my height with pink black and blonde hair. We all jumped up yelling “Welcome home!” at the same time. A few of us (Brian, Zacky, and I) ran up to hug her.

Brian obviously missed her the most but it looked as though Zacky was a close second.

“Mackenzie! I missed you so much! You have no idea what it’s been like with these giants around!” I yelled pulling her into a large bear hug. While I squeezed the life out of here I noticed how skinny she was and how light she had become.

“I missed you too Candy Cain!” She grinned like the Cheshire Cat. When Zacky went to hug her I gave her a knowing glance, she glared and mouthed the words ‘Shut up!’.

After she was bombarded by everyone the party commenced. I grabbed Carleigh’s arm and dragged her to meet Mackenzie.

“Mac Carleigh. Carleigh Mac!” I beamed.

“Ohhh, so you’re the Carleigh I’ve heard so much about!”

She instantly blushed “From who?” But I had a feeling she already knew the answer to this question.

“Brian! He won’t shut up about you. From what he described you’re a goddess.” Mac said smirking slightly.

Her blush deepened and I couldn’t resist. I burst out laughing. “Oh shut up!” She hissed trying to hide her reddening face.

Mac turned to me “So have you and Matt gotten together yet?” I choked.

“Oh you know what I’m talking about! You are meant for each other!”

I rolled my eyes, typical Mackenzie “For your information he has a girlfriend-“

“His flavor of the week, big deal.” She interrupted.

“And I have a boyfriend now!” I finished.

“Wait! Rewind! Since when?!”

“Since Wednesday!”

“I don’t like him.” She huffed.

“You haven’t met him yet!” I laughed.

“Well if Matt doesn’t like him then I don’t!” She crossed her arms.

“You don’t know if he doesn’t!” God I missed this girl.

“Oh please! I know for a fact he doesn’t! And look he’s coming over now so I can ask him!” She pointed over to the mass of muscle.

“Hey Mackenzie!” He said hugging her.

“Hey! Okay now what do you think of Cain’s new boyfriend?!” She didn’t beat around the bush did she?”

“Oh Andre? I think he’s a prick.”

“His name is Adam! And you know that!” I said indignantly.

“Look Cain, I don’t trust him. He’s not right for you.” I hated it when adopted that stupid big brother persona.

“And how would you know?! You haven’t spent two seconds with the guy!”

“I hear things you don’t! And you’re not ready for this! Guys only want one thing and I don’t want you to be another notch on his bed post!”

“You filthy hypocrite! What about Lexi?! I know you’re not in it for the intellectual conversations!” If he could point out Adam’s flaws then I could point out Lexi’s!

“That’s got nothing to do with it! You’re just a little girl Cain!” Carleigh and Mackenzie had disappeared at this point.

“Oh that’s rich.” I laughed sardonically “I’m only a few months younger than you!”

“I meant that you’ve never had a real boyfriend! And picking Allan for your first one isn’t a good choice!”

Adam! And you can’t make my decisions for me! I don’t go around telling you that I think Lexi is a stupid whore that isn’t worth even a second thought! And you’d be pissed at me for even thinking that! I seem to recall that we actually had a fight because I was a bitch to her! So that should mean that I can be pissed at you for acting like a three year old that got his favorite toy taken away!” This was completely ridiculous.

“But I’m strong enough to make my own mistakes! You need us there! I need to protect you! You’re too fragile, and I couldn’t stand to see you hurt!” I finally saw what the problem was. It was like a father before his daughters’ wedding day.

“Matt you won’t loose me. I’ll still be your little Candy Cain. I promise.” I said softly. I wrapped my arms around his torso.

*Matt’s POV*
I sighed and hugged her back. I couldn’t tell what was really bugging me. Yeah what she said was part of it but I couldn’t help but think there was much more.

It felt as though there was a monster raging in my chest. Every time I saw them together (like on her porch) it made the monster within roar with anger. But now she was in my arms it was practically purring.

I shook away the thoughts. That was completely stupid.
♠ ♠ ♠
I figured after the amazing comment turn out after only one day that you guys deserved another chapter! So here it is! enjoy!