Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter o20

"Thanks for the party Cain!" Mac said delightedly as I was headed out the door.

"No problem squirt! It's good to have you back!" I gave her a large bear hug and left her to have a bit more alone time with Zacky.

I had walking back to my house when my phone rang "Hello?"

"Oh thank god! I couldn't get a hold of you for a while!" It was Adam.

"What do you mean?" His statement severely confused me, I hadn't heard my phone ring and why would he be worried? It was a few hours with out contact, big deal!

"I've been trying to call you! You didn't answer and I thought either something was wrong or you were ignoring me."

"Oh of course not! I was just at a party for my friend Mackenzie! She just got home from her aunts."

"Oh." There was something odd in the way he said it, like he was sad or something.

"I would have invited you but it was really only for relatives and close friends." I rolled my eyes he was making a mountain out of a mole hill.

"Oh that's fine. Who was there?"

"Just the usual, Brian, Carleigh, Zacky, Jimmy, Johnny, and Matt. Oh and our families."

"Matt was there?" He said with contempt.

"Well yeah, he's really great friends with Mackenzie."

"Oh, well just be careful around him."

My mouth dropped and I stopped walking. "Be careful around Matt? What's that supposed to mean?" What the hell was he suggesting?!

"I just see the way he looks at you, and looks at me for that matter." He muttered the last part.

"And how exactly does he look at me?"

"Like he's in love."

"You're imagining things, and how does he look at you?"

"Like I'm a threat, like he's going to kill me."

"He's just protecting me! I've known him since pre-K!"

"I think that's not all it means."

"You know what let's not talk about this." I knew there was an argument coming and I didn't want that to happen. I started walking back to my house.

"So what are you doing?" He said finally breaking the silence.

"Walking home." I said simply.

"At night?! In the dark?"

"That's usually how night is, unless you're in Alaska of course." I said laughing.

"Hardy har har, but seriously you're walking home alone at night?"

"Yeah of course! It's a safe neighborhood I'll be fine!" Now I'm used to overprotective men but he was getting on my nerves.

"I don't care, I don't want you out alone at night."

"Would it make you feel better if Matt was with me?" I knew this would get under his skin.

"...No but what about Carleigh?"

"You really think that someone will avoid attacking me if Carleigh is there?"

"Maybe... okay what about Brian?"

"Look I"m already half way home, it would be pointless to go all the way back just to have one of the guys take me back.! And besides I'll be fine! Please don't worry!"

He gave a heavy sigh (drama queen) "Fine but next time take your car!"

I rolled my eyes "I'm home now okay? So I'm safe! I'll call you tomorrow I'm exhausted."

"Okay love you bye."

My eyes widened at his statement., but instead of responding I hung up. That was really creepy who says I love you after three days?!

I yawned and opened my door I just wanted to go to sleep and forget about the world, but then Adam's words popped back into my head 'Like he's in love'. Why would Adam say that and why would Matt look at me like that? And why do men have to get so jealous?! I'm not a toy!

I walked into the living room and gasped, mother was sitting with a man I haven't seen since I was a kid.

I could never forget his face, it was imprinted in my memory. I was five years old the day he left he and mom had a fight and he slammed the front door in my face. I ran after him but he was already in the car and down the drive way. I had tears running down my face, I couldn't understand why he was so mad or where he was going but I knew this would be the last time I saw him.

I watched him drive away and never once look back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I still have yet to get a replacement laptop but I realized it was ridiculous to keep you guys waiting for this long! I'm so sorry for taking so long!

I hope you guys don't give up on the story! (oh and I wrote this in about 15 minutes so it might suck or have some grammatical errors...)