Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter o26

*Adam's POV*

I sighed and stared out the window. "Look all that I'm going to say is that she's on her own at the moment. She said she wanted to prove that she doesn't need you guys, and I think she's stubborn enough to do just that."

"What do you mean 'on her own'?! If she's living out of her car and you're not telling me I will kill you." I fumed, he obviously didn't know me.

"Fuck you. I would never let her live out of her car! And you drove her to this so don't go thinking I'm to blame for all this! She's living in a shitty motel because of you! Some fucking best friend!"

"A motel?! Where? Which one?"

"I've already said too much. If you want to find out you'll just have to ask her yourself. Now I don't care that you're trying to get her back home, if she doesn't feel safe then she shouldn't be there in the first place. And if you hurt her again," I lowered my voice to a menacing growl "I will fucking kill you." I figured if he though that treat would scare me, it was enough to scare him.

"You've known her for a week! Don't think you know what's best for her! You probably don't even know that she's afraid of the dark do you? Or that she's afraid of storms? Did you know she's asthmatic? Does she even have her inhaler?! What the fuck were you thinking, letting her live on her own?!"

Fuck.

The asshole had a point.

"This is her decision, and she knows that if she thinks it's getting to be too much then she has a bed waiting for her. It must suck knowing that she can't come to you for help anymore." So now I was trying to get under his skin, but he's been asking for it.

"You don't know what you're talking about." He hissed.

"Actually, you don't. You've been too self absorbed to see what's been happening!"

"And what's been happening exactly?"

"She's been growing up, and away from you." With that I hung up. Let him squirm for a bit and see how he likes it.

*Normal POV*
It was getting rather late but the thought of sleeping in that vermin infested hell hole really didn't sit with me well. But I was proving a point to them and to myself so I had to do it. Right?

I parked in the same spot and quickly ran to my door, trying to unlock it as soon as I could. I burst into the room and quickly locked the door. As I turned on the lights I cringed, and I thought this place was bad during the day. Now it was just plain scary.

Perhaps I was just looking closer now but stains were now apparent on the walls and in the dim light the bed looked more like a pit of despair rather than a place to relax.

I flipped on the TV hoping that the noise would distract me from my horrible setting. As I sat down on the stiff comforter I made a mental note to get new bed sheets tomorrow...

I fell asleep around 9:15 with 'Whose Line Is It Anyways' on in the background, dreading what was to come the next day.

***
The newly set alarm clock rang out shrilly and nudged me out of my not-so-deep slumber. I quickly shut off the little machine and launched myself off of the stiff mattress. After I dressed in my Union Jack cardigan and jeans I was off!

I ignored the constant rumble of my stomach as I entered my freezing car. The ride to school took longer than I anticipated, this much was apparent to me as I ran to my first class of the morning.

Luckily it was only my TA period for the French 1 class. So as I entered slightly late I was only met with the sight of freshmen watching a cheesy video about some random chicks daily routine.

I slipped to the back of the room and sat next to my favorite teacher. "You're late." She said in a sing song voice.

"Sorry Madame! It was a rough night's sleep."

"Yeah, you look pretty tired." I nodded wearily "Can you get started on these quizzes? They're on the weather." I grabbed the huge stack of papers and got to work.

Once the bell rang for the next period I bounded out the door and to my car. I figured it was time to get some new sheets, after all I had three hours until my next class (thank you free periods!).

There were actually several reasons to stay away from school at lunch, several of which were seated under an old tree I once thought to be my sanctuary at such a hell hole. But I cast my mind in a different direction as I walked into Bed Bath and Beyond, time to start being an adult.

I chose a queen bed spread with a quilted look, comprised of brown, teal, and white squares the sheets were brown and the pillow cases teal. But as I passed through the shopping center my eyes settled on a real estate office. And what better time to look than when I need to get out of a grubby motel right?

As I looked through the print-outs of apartments around the city my hopes felt dashed. All of them were out of my price range, even the one bedrooms were slightly too high...

"Can I help you honey?" A kindly woman walked up. Her blond hair was piled on top of her head and her shapely figure was packed into a purple power suit.

"Honestly can you tell me what the cheapest way to have an apartment would be? I have a very modest budget."

"How old are you?"

"17" Was my quiet reply.

"Oh honey you can't actually own or lease an apartment until you're 18. You can't be legally bound to a contract while you're still a minor." Seeing my distraught face she quickly added "But you could find someone who needs a roommate! That way you could split rent with out being mentioned on the lease."

"How do I find a roommate?" I felt slightly more hopeful. Maybe I wouldn't be living quite on my own but at least it would be away from the guys.

"Well many advertise in small coffee shops. Most put up fliers you just have to look for them."

"Thank you for your help." I said with a large smile.

"May I ask why you're so young and need an apartment?

"Let's just say I'm on my own for now." With that I left the small office and headed over to a locally owned coffee shop. I've seen a cork board with a thousand different colored fliers but I never really looked any closer. Maybe one would be my ticket to freedom!

The comforting smell of warm coffee and baked goods hit me like a wall. This was the most welcome I've felt since I left Adam's house. I wandered over to the large bulletin board and skimmed through the various ads. But when my eyes landed on a purple sheet my heart clenched. It was the flier for a concert at a small venue in San Diego, Avenged Sevenfold was the opening act.

Matt's band.

I ignored the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Would we be made up by then? Would I be able to see their first real gig? I've never left their side, since the day they decided to start the band, I've been there! And now when it really counts I'll be looking for roommates... some friend I am.

I shook my head (as if that would clear way the guilt) and continued my search.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said this chapter would be out last night but I felt like I was rushing through it. And upon further inspection I realized that it was not the quality I wanted to represent myself by! So I hope you like this one!

So my grandma is feeling soooooo much better! She's back to her stubborn self! But now my grandfather found cancer in his liver (I swear I'm not making this stuff up, my family is just doomed to poor health conditions). Luckily it is a very small amount! I will not let this effect my writing, I've learned that my way of coping with things like this is to put all that passion into my writing! My grandma taught me that.

Love you all and thanks for the amazing support!