Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter o32

"We need to get packing." I muttered. My eyes were closed and my head still rested on his chest.

"It is getting close to sunset." He agree, but made no move to separate. His arms remained draped over me and mine stayed around his waist. I thought back to what Adam had said about wanting to be more than just friends, but that's idiotic. Matt has never liked me nor will he ever. He said it himself in Zacky's basement.

I gave a heavy sigh and pulled my head away but kept my arms in the same position. "Seriously, time for work!"

"Aww! But you're so warm!" He hugged me back to his chest. A small smile graced my lips as I got comfortable again. I really loved these moments with him.

Five minutes later I pulled away completely "If you want me to ever leave this crappy motel, we'd better get going."

It was his turn to sigh heavily "Fine..." He grabbed pillows and started taking apart the bed I improved.

"Someone's getting clingy." I sang.

"Psh, no!" He said childishly.

"If you say so." I said in the same sing-song voice.

He didn't respond, he just stuck out his tongue and started folding. We worked in amiable silence for a while. I grabbed some of the few pieces of clothing off the floor and unpacked the dresser. We had all my things in suitcases in about thirty minutes and Matt was lugging it out to the car.

After all my things were loaded we drove over to the lobby so I could finally check out. I've been waiting for this day since I had to lie about the existence of a brother to the front clerk.

"Okay, this guy gives me the serious creeps so please be as intimidating as possible." I whispered to Matt just out side of the door. He raised his eye brows "Just do it!" I hissed. He quickly put his aviators on and stood to his full height.

"Hello." I said pleasantly enough "I'd like to check out now. Room 116."

"That the brother you never ordered a roll away for?" He asked nodding to Matt.

Shit! I cursed mentally. "Uh, no. This is my boyfriend." I was really grasping for straws at this point.

"Uh, huh. Sure." He clicked his tongue in a disbelieving manner. "What happened to the brother? And the guy who asked what room you were in?" Was he talking about Adam?

"Hey why don't you do your job instead of harassing my girlfriend. Huh?" He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and stared him down. The clerk glared but started tapping on the keyboard.

"$159." He said leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed.

I handed him a credit card and winced as he swiped it. I've never spent so much money in one place. Even if it was a motel, it still hurt. I got my card back and turned away from him. I was really ready to go.

As I reached for the door I heard him wolf-whistle softly. Matt stopped in his tracked and pivoted back towards the desk.

"Lets go Shadows!" I used his stage name (and the name that he uses when dealing with gangs) to let the guy know who he's dealing with. We turned back to the car and heard his chair thump as it hit the floor.

"Thank you." I said as we walked to my parking space.

"Anytime. But what made you say boyfriend?" He asked teasing me.

"Boyfriend is far more likely to kick someones ass for a me than a brother."

"Makes sense." But he still had that teasing smile on.

Once in the car I asked "Do your parents know I'm coming over?" I knew they wouldn't mind but it's still nice to give them some type of warning...

"Naw, but they'll be happy to see you. My mom's been complaining about how you never come over anymore."

I snorted "Did you tell her why I haven't been coming over?"

"Of course not." He stared at me incredulously "She would have kicked me out if she knew how I treated you!"

"Well at least you admit it." I teased.

"And at least you admit that Alec was a madman." He countered.

"That was the first time I saw him like that, yeah he was a little clingy those last few days but he never showed any signs of a temper..."

"I've seen him a parties, girls ran away from him and his friends a lot. And I've seen that kid get in fights for no reason at all. He seemed so sweet and stuff to you because he wanted you think he was perfect. Guys like that want one thing-"

I cut him off there "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it. Guys only want sex, blah blah blah. Not only have you told me that a million other times but so did Adam! Not to mention all the other guys. I get it, guys like sex." I glanced over to him "But don't you qualify as a guy? Is that all you want? Is that why you were with Lexi?"

He ran his hand through his hair "At first, yeah it was. But when I saw you and the asshole going on dates and doing normal couple stuff it got me thinking. I hated Adam because I thought he was going to take advantage of you because you were dating, but I was doing that with Lexi. What if Lexi had some best friend that hated me because of my reputation?"

"Don't tell me you were going to go easy on Adam!" I said raising my eyebrows in a teasing manor.

"Of course not. But that's why I broke it off with her. I think its either time for me to stop dating for a while, or get a real girlfriend."

"Alert the media! M. Shadows is ready to settle down! I never thought I'd see the day!" I placed a hand over my heart with my mouth agape.

"Shut it." He laughed.

"I'm merely stating my disbelief. Most guys like you don't settle down until you're thirty."

"Guys like me?"

"Guys that get arrested. Guys that play in a metal band. Guys that sleep with bats by their beds. Guys that play basketball..." I added the last one as a joke.

"Well you'd be surprised. Sometimes it takes a certain girl to make you see the light."

"Aww! I made you see the light!" I teased him even more.

"Well I was gonna say Amy but okay..." He teased right back.

I hit his arm "Liar." We finally pulled into the drive way. "Come on lets get my stuff out!" Matt grabbed the heavy suitcase. "Here I'll help."

"Thanks-" but instead of helping with the suitcase I grabbed the lightest thing I could find, my laundry hamper. "Wow, you suck Cain."

I grinned "Be nice or I won't cook for you." His parents weren't normally home around this time and I knew he would be getting hungry.

"I am being nice! I'm carrying all your crap aren't I?"

"Eh, that doesn't really qualify..." He raised an eyebrow "Fine, it's nice. Now come on! I'm excited to sleep on a real bed!"

I ran up to the door, I had planned on using my momentum to open the door and run all the way to the guest bedroom but the door had other intentions. My hand cam in contact with the handle and twisted, normally here the door would open and I'd be fine. But no. The door decided to be locked and I stopped dead in my tracks. Luckily I didn't hit the door very hard, but it still bruised my ego.

"Wow, real smooth Cain. Way to go." Matt said as he walked up to the door with a pair of keys in hand.

I huffed, crossed my arms, and tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for him to open the offending door. Once opened I ran up to the guest bedroom that happened to be across from Matt's room. I pounced on the bed that I always slept in when I came over.

Well, I pretended to sleep here. Once everyone else was asleep I would sneak into Matt's room and we'd talk all night. We always slept over at one of our houses when bad things happened. Like after Matt had been arrested the first time, or when the Father Daughter dance was announced, and now because I was moving out of my childhood and into the scary world of adults.

Matt followed me a few moments later and set the suitcase down with a huff. "Oh grow up you girl." I said glaring at him playfully. I passed him by and went straight into his mess of a room and flopped on to the bed.

I gave a content sigh as I sank into the covers, I could feel my vertebra sink into their rightful place as the tension in my back lifted. This was a much needed reprieve. The longer I stayed there the lower my eyelids drooped. I was close to sleep until Matt spoke up from the door way.

"So what about that dinner you were talking about?" He asked.

I groaned "Fine. But after we eat I'm sleeping in here."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Do you ever sleep anywhere else?"

"Well I used to sleep in my bed." I pointed out as I pulled myself away from blissful rest.

"And why aren't you sleeping there anymore? Oh yeah, because you're a stubborn little twerp."

"Eh, it's all a matter of perception. And besides I'm showing both you guys and myself that I'm not dependent on anyone."

"So you've told me." It was obvious he was still unhappy about it but he was letting the matter drop. For now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here it is as promised. Perhaps a little late in the day but it's still Saturday! So ha!

But yeah, hope you like it and stuff.

It would be cool to get new people commenting! All of my regulars are freaking awesome for sticking with it though! So I'm not saying stop I'm saying that this chapter is for you!

Dezi Demize
secrets-that-die
Fallin_For_You
Beautiful Nightmare
allzac
alexisxx13
HilfMirFliegen
I_gotta_Feelin
MsSynnieVengeance


and a few new ones I've noticed
tyffanicheyenne
Phoebenpaige


Love you all!
XOXO

P.S. I'm very sorry if I spelled your user name wrong!