Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter oo8

I made my eyes water and stuck my lip out “B-but Matty! I really want to, please? It will take my mind off the dark.” I said then wrapped my arms around his waist.

I could practically feel him melt, then he sighed “Fine, but be nice this time. Okay?”

I nodded and skipped into the dim house pulling out the deluxe version of Monopoly. I skipped to the living room the heavy wooden box in front of me.

I quickly set up the game and it began.

*Three Hours Later*
“HA! Boardwalk with a hotel! Pay up bitch!” I said pointing to a very unlucky Zacky.

“Oh come on! I’ve got nothing! I’ll have to mortgage! All I have is Baltic!” He whined.

“That sucks to be you, but I have to make a living too.” I said trying to stop the large grin from spreading across my face.

“As I recall you said you’d be nice for this game.” Matt said looking at me like a parent would when they caught their kid with their hands in the cookie jar.

“I am being nice! I’m teaching him that the world is cruel in a safe environment.” I stated in a matter-of-fact tone. He raised his eyebrows and I gave a heavy sigh “Fine, you only have to pay a thousand.”

“That’s hardly a break!”

“It’s half, now take it or I put you in the poor house.” I muttered looking away from Matt. “Fun sucker.” I muttered under my breath.

“I heard that.” He said. When he rolled the dice I did a childish impression which caused Jimmy, Johnny, and Brian to start laughing (Zacky was still sulking).

“Oh, real mature.” Matt said looking at me.

“Hark whose talking!” I said disbelievingly. Before he could respond I said “Pennsylvania Ave? That’s $400.” He growled under his breath but handed over the money. I smiled widely and put all the bills in the correct order.

“So ladies whose next?” I asked rolling the dice. I landed on Park Place and sighed “Ah home sweet home.”

“Who let her be the banker?!” Jimmy asked looking at my money.

“Jimmy! I don’t like what your insinuating!” I gasped dramatically while placing a hand to my heart.

“Where’d you get all the pink 50’s?!” He said pointing at my ever growing pile of money.

“Well when ya’ll land on my properties you have to pay rent!” I said treating him like a five year old (which isn’t really a stretch).

“I’m not playing anymore!” Zacky said getting up and walking into the kitchen. The others grumbled there approval.

“You guys suck!” I said walking into the kitchen to see what I could make for dinner. “Damn it.” I cursed silently realizing the power was still off. That left only barbeque, not that I was complaining.

“Who wants steak for dinner?!” I yelled while getting the steaks out.

“Me!” Was heard from all the guys. I laid the steaks on the counter then ran outside to start the grill. I started some potatoes and salad (whether they wanted it or not, they had to get vegetables some how). Soon enough I had to get the candles out, it was too hard to peal potatoes in the dark.

Dinner was ready in half an hour but instead of eating in the kitchen I brought the food into the den so we could eat on the couch.

***
Soon Monday came and with that the usual annoyances of waking up early. I quickly threw on a pair of normal jeans, a white tank top, and a pair of black flip-flops.

I ran down the stairs grabbed an apple and my keys. I started the engine with the apple in my mouth and started off for the prison known as school.

I arrived and went into my normal parking spot while taking the time to finish my apple. I quickly walked to my locker and grabbed all the necessary books for today’s lessons.

I heard a familiar voice swearing and then heard the loud thump of someone kicking a locker. I looked over to see Carleigh trying to open her locker. I laughed and came over to hit the locker which sprung open.

She looked around gratefully “Oh! Hey Cain! Thanks for the locker.”

“No problem, you got one of the older ones sorry about that!” I said smiling.

“That figures!”

“So what classes have you got?” I asked.

“Well I’m really confused, some of my classes are highlighted why is that?”

I looked at her schedule and realized she didn’t know how it worked. “Well those are your even day classes. We go by even and odd days. Today it’s an odd day, which means you go to period one, three, and five. Then tomorrow is even day which means you have periods two, four, six. Its confusing don’t worry you’ll get used to it. But this also means that the classes are two hours long.”

“Huh?” She asked looking at her time table in awe.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a while since I last updated but here it is! Thank you to all the new commenters! Please keep it up!

And if you guys give me five new comments I'll update again!

Oh and I'll explain the schedule more in the next chapter