Status: Fin.

The Awful Waffle

Work.

Splat.

A small child laughed as a mix of hash brown, eggs, and probably several packets of miniature jelly; hit Levine right between the eyes.
She grimaced at first, and then remembered the warning her boss had given her that morning.

"If you push food up a little kid's nose ever again, I'll let the parents sue you, and I'll fire you!"

She forced a sweet smile on her face, and opened one eye. The four year old strongly resembled Chucky. Right down to the evil smirk.
Levine pushed out a laugh, and smiled at the parents- they looked mortified.

"Don't worry about it." Her voice sounded strained. She wiped her face with a napkin from the pocket of her apron. "Its fine, would you like me to bring out some more napkins? Do you need some more soda?"

The pale firey headed mother with a splash of freckles over her nose, bright blue eyes open wide- nodded slowly at Levine.

She snatched the sweaty glass off the table, and stormed off to the drink machine. The toddler laughed as she stormed away.

Levine slammed the drink into the drink slot, as a stick skinny girl with too much makeup slurped on a lollipop. She looked at Levi, and squinted.

"Is that jelly on your face?" Levine couldn't help but roll her eyes at the sound of her voice.

High pitched and all nasal.

Levine looked at the blonde, and had to restrain a cringe. She felt sorry for the girl.
She had so much foundation on it looked like she just took it all and mixed it in a bowl.

With the blush.

Her whole face was pink. And her eyelids were a dark blue.

" I wonder if her Dad has seen her yet..." Levine thought, putting a fresh handful of straws in her apron pocket. Blondie popped her lips on the lollipop. "... Probably not. "

Levine reached up to her face, but 'Blondie' roughly reached at her face, and swiped it off.

Then stuck her finger in her mouth.

Levine's eyes got wide, and then she remembered how she did that all the time to her father's employees.

"Uh... shouldn't you be working Rayne?" Levine asked, inspecting her face in the reflective surface of the soda machine. Her face felt sticky.

"No." Rayne glared at Levine. " Shouldn't you be working Ophilia?" She snarled.

Levine shot daggers.

"Its Levi." She growled at her.

Rayne actually flinched, Levi's eyes peircing.

Levi turned on her heel, the drink sloshing around dangerously in the glass.
It was still around three in the afternoon, and the crowds had already passed from lunch, leaving only a few late stragglers until the drunk partiers dropped by.

She pasted the smile back on, and walked over to the only table she was waiting at the time.

"He's your soda, would you like anything else?" Her eyes made the group say no.

She smiled, and slammed the check on the table, not meaning to, just needing to take it out on somthing.

The family jumped.

"Have a nice day." She snarled, glaring at the now shocked looking toddler.

She rolled her green eyes as she stormed off, glad her shift was ending in two minutes.

"LEVINE!"

Aw, Fuck.

Rayne tattled.

Levi silently groaned, and then turned around to face her boss.

His face was naturally red, it was always red. He was round, and his large tummy jiggled with every waddling step.

Levi didn't even bother to paste on a smile.

He knew she hated her job.

But his daughter- Rayne- demanded he not fire her. She claimed she needed someone her age around.

Levi was twenty two.

Rayne just turned sixteen the day before.

"Levi." She corrected. Crossing her arms.

One minute.

"Your taking over Rayne's night shift."

Make that six hours.

FUCK NO!

"No! There is no fu-" Levi was cut off.

"I'll give you a raise. And overtime." Mr.Dickersen said bluntly. He couldn't hide the relief in his eyes though, glad Levi hadn't been able to complete her outburst.

Levi thought for a moment.

Raise... and overtime.

"You need to pay off this month's rent Levi. And and outfit for that party coming up..."

Levi glared at her boss.

"Fine." She snapped. She cut him off before he could speak. "But I need a break for now, I've been working since seven."
A.M. to be exact.

Dealing with little kids who liked to toss their food around and at her face.
He thought about it. Then gestured that she could leave.
He didn't have to say it twice.
Levi was out of the place before Rayne could get her anymore overtime.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]]]
Whaddaya think?