Status: Fin.

The Awful Waffle

Fishing.

Skylar hadn't been seen in days, and it freaked Levi out, turning her excitement into worry.

"Kent," She asked, adjusting her hoodie, waiting for him to respond.
"Hm?" He answered, looking up from his phone. He had been hanging out with her all day at the tent, the rain basically turning the record tempetures into record lows.

"Have you talked to Skylar lately?" She asked, not looking at him. She could just feel how Kent froze up.

"Uh..." He hesitated. "Yeah." He mumbled, not being specific.

Levi turned to look at him. He was playing with the bracelet Skylar had given him, a defeated look on his face.

"Well? Where is she?" Levi asked, worried. "I miss my friend, I haven't seen her in almost a week."
Kent looked up, and only met Levi's eyes for a second before looking away, looking back down at the bracelet.

"I asked her to be my girlfriend." He admitted quietly, sounding upset. He suddenly looked up at Levi, a desprate look on his face. "Levi, she just looked at me like I was some alien, and walked away!" He said, looking defeated.
Levi felt guilty for bringing it up, and leaned over to give him a hug.

"I'm sorry Kent." She said, scared she would say too much.

Kent just hugged her, and didn't say a word until she let him go.

"She went home. She won't answer my calls. She won't talk to me." He whispered, standing up, and exiting the tent, just standing in the rain. "I'm going back to the bus. Will you be alright alone?" He asked, not looking at Levi.

She gave a small yes, knowing how upset he was.
He walked away in the rain, his hoodie already soaked.

Levi sat in the tent, cold but dry, and pulled out her phone.
She called Skylar, but after one ring she got Skylar's voicemail- which wasn't even set up yet, so you couldn't leave a message.
She texted her, but did not expect a reply.

"You're alone?"

Levi looked up to see who was talking, and saw Kyle, standing in the back of the tent, his hair stuck to his face from the rain, and his hoodie almost soaked as well.
He hit the top of the tent to get rid of the pool of water collecting in the corners. Somthing that had to be done often so that the tent wouldn't collapse.

"Kent left, and thanks." She said, looking him in the eyes, her heart aching.

She didn't realize how much she missed him until he spoke, and reached up to do somthing Levi couldn't, and was depending on Kent to do.

"No problem." He said quietly, taking the seat next to her.

She looked out the front of the tent, Warped goers huddling under tents they were allowed into, some in ponchos, others with t-shirts and bags over their heads, running from place to place.
Some just walked leisurely, not giving a flying fuck if if was raining on them.

She looked back at Kyle for a moment, who was staring at his feet.

She looked foward again.

"I never said I didn't miss you." She murmured quietly, making Kyle look up so fast he could have given himself whiplash.

"I'm sorry Kyle." She whispered this time, her words hard to hear over the rain. "I just couldn't get the words out to tell you."

He knew she was talking about the other day, where she couldn't just tell him to come back.

She refused to cry with Kyle watching her, a shocked and relieved look on his face.

Levi finally got the guts to look at him, teary-eyed and scared of what he would say.

Kyle stood up, and Levi felt her heart break.
She thought he was walking away.

But she heard his voice, nearly drowned out by the rain.
"Remember when you told me you had always wanted to kiss someone in the rain?" He asked, not looking at her.

She wiped her eyes quickly.
"Yes." She answered, her voice sounding weak.

He turned to look at her, and she looked back up at him, a pained look in her eyes.

Kyle simply held out his hand, and Levi took it, not even thinking.

He led her out the tent into the rain, getting the dry girl soaking wet in second.
People were staring, wondering why the two were just standing there.

Kyle cupped Levi's face, and she looked up at him, her heart racing.
"Wish granted." He whispered so only Levi could hear.

He kissed her before she could even react, her eyes wide for a moment, then closing, finally peaceful.
The people watching them wolf-whistled and aww'd.

Caleb stood in the rain, holding two cups of hot chocolate, getting soaked, staring at the two in the rain.

She didn't even see them when they broke apart, but just smiled and rested her head against Kyle's, both smiling like maniacs.

Caleb dropped both cups, and Levi heard it.
She saw a Caleb's orange hoodie, he was walking away, his hood down, not caring if he got wet.

She saw the cups, and frowned, Kyle turning around to look now.
"Caleb?" She yelled, her voice drowned out by the rain.

_____________________

Caleb stormed onto the bus, his clothes squishing and squashing with every move, water splattering everywhere he went, which was straight to his bunk.

Kyle and Levi were close by, leaving Ziggy, who returned to the tent confused as to why people were cheering, at the tent.

Levi was the first on the bus, Kyle's hand in hers.
When she didn't see Caleb in the front, she let go of Kyle's hand, he protested.

"Kyle, I need to talk to him." She said, taking his hand in both of hers. He watched her, looking into her eyes.
He nodded, and kissed her forehead, letting her go.

She walked to the bunks door, took a deep breath, and then opened the door.

Found Caleb sitting in his bunk, soaking wet, his head in his hands.

She didn't even say anything.

"I don't want to talk right now." He snarled, thinking it was one of the guys.

"Then you can just listen." She said, sounding stern. He didn't look up, but squeeze his eyes shut, cursing himself on the inside for saying anything.

She didn't say anything for a moment, then got up and began digging through Caleb's clothes, searching for dry clothes.
He didn't care, she stole his clothes all the time. The hoodie he was wearing had smelled like the perfume Levi wore until he got it soaked.

He didn't expect her to shove clothes into his lap, demanding him to change.
He looked up, his eyes red and his hair stuck to his forehead.

"Change, I'm gonna get you a towel." She said, getting up to find a towel as he got up to change.

He took of his shirt, and let it fall to the ground, the splat sounding a little sickening. He just stared at it, not wanting to move.

Levi came back, and stopped short, the towel in folded up in her hand.
"Trying to dry it with your laser vision?" She joked. Caleb gave the smallest grin, and continued to change.

Levi closed her eyes, and walked foward a little bit, holding the towel out.
"Here you go. Let me know when you're dressed." She said, sitting on Marc's bunk.

He changed quickly so she wouldn't be kept waiting.
"I'm decent." He said, still sounding a bit upset.

She opened her eyes, and watched him sit down as she stood and sat across from him on Kyle's bunk.

"Whats wrong CareBear?" She asked, making him close his eyes.
She still didn't see it.

He buried his head in his hands, wanting to just strangle whoever created love and chop them into little bitty peices.

"Is it that girl? Did she hurt you?! I'll make her go away for you." Levi asked, sounding threatening.
Caleb chuckeled weakly, and shook his head no.

"No. I don't want her to go away. I don't ever want her to go away." He said softly, wanting to tell Levi that so that she understood.

Levi looked a little confused, but more concerned.
She sat next to him, and hugged his arm. He felt his breath catch in his throat.

"What happened Caleb? Just tell me." She said, sounding genuinly concerned. He sighed.

"She got a boyfriend." He said, sounding like he was in pain. She hugged his arm tighter, and he rested his head on hers.

"I'm sorry," She said, moving to give him a real hug, wrapping her arms around his torso, and resting her head on his chest, the top of her head grazing his chin.
He instantly wrapped his arms around her, and held on tight.

"It always hurts. But it goes away after a while." Levi whispered, rubbing his back. Caleb took a deep breath, dying a little on the inside.

I don't think it will.

He buried his face in her hair, and put the smell to memory.
Versace perfume from her Aunt, flowery shampoo, and rain.

She didn't mind sitting there for a whole twenty minutes, just hugging Caleb. He was her best friend, and it hurt her to see him upset.

"I love you Caleb." She whispered, meaning it in a friend way.
Caleb knew that, and nearly cringed.

"I love you too Levi." They he let her go, and looked at her for a moment, taking it all in.

Soaking wet and she was still gorgeous.

"What would I do without you?" Caleb whispered, saying it more to himself than anything.
"You'd probably die." She joked. Caleb snorted at her odd comment, and she cheered.
"I made you laugh!" She yelled, throwing her hands in the air, moving her hand so that she wouldn't hit it on the bunk.
He laughed, and smiled at her. A yawn suddenly escaped his lips.

"Why don't you get some sleep?" Levi said. She looked at his bunk, and noticed it was soaked from both of them.
"Sleep in my bunk. Its dry." She said, standing and taking her laptop and extra things out of her bunk, and placing it in the tiny closet in the middle of all of the bunks.

"No, no. I'm not taking your bunk. Where will you sleep?" He asked, looking bewildered.

She stopped putting her things away and looked at Caleb, giving him a look that said: "You can't be serious."
She looked at Kyle's bunk, then at Caleb.

Caleb cringed.
"Oh." He mumbled. "Okay." He said, climbing into her bunk.
It smelled like her.

"Sweet dreams favorite ginger." She said, kissing her hand, and then placing her hand on his forehead.
"Sweet dreams." He muttered back, giving her a weak smile.

___________________

"Caleb! Caleb! Look!" Levi yelled, running up to him.
They were in a white space, completly empty with no walls. Just white.

"Where are we?" Caleb mumbled, reaching foward to Levi, who jumped on him, hugging him tightly.
"Look, look, look!" She cried, smiling and crying at the same time.

She was holding out her left hand. An engagement ring.

"I proposed to her man!" Caleb jumped and looked up, Kyle standing there with his arms around Levi.

Caleb looked down at the ring, he could see his reflection in the damned thing.
"I took her from you." Kyle said, his voice a growl, so vicious it scared him. "She's mine now. Forever."

Caleb watched as Kyle took the smiling, seemingly frozen Levi away, her hand still held out, the ring looking sticking out no matter how far Kyle took her.
He watched as a house appeared around him, Kyle and Levi sitting on the couch.

Levi was huge, pregnat as all hell, smiling like a maniac, Kyle with an arm draped over her shoulders.
"Its a girl!" Levi announced, all of the FTSK boys there, everyone Levi and Kyle were friends with.
Caleb stood there, not reacting, his mouth hanging open, his eyes burning.

Levi looked at him, and it was as if she was in slow motion.

"Aren't you happy for me Caleb?" She asked, a frown on her face at the sight of her best friend frowning.
"Of course I am, c-congradulations..." He stuttered, his eyes burning even more.

Kyle looked over, his eyes gleaming with anger, his eyes turning red.

Caleb gasped, and turned around, a door behind him.

He walked through it and another scene unfolded in front of him.
It was a funeral. He looked down at his hands.

They were splotchy and wrinkled. He noticed he had a wedding band on his finger.

He looked up at the front of the church, and saw two caskets, both extreamly close to each other.

"They died together you know." An young voice said next to him.
He turned to look and saw a stunning woman with dark brown waves, slender and beautiful.
She looked at Caleb, and he staggered back.
She had Levi's eyes.

"They were together forever." Her eyes turned red, and her perfect mouth began to sprout fangs. "She didn't miss you" She snarled, reaching for him.

Caleb fell, straight into a deep hole, dirt falling into his mouth.

He coughed and spat up the dirt, just to have more fall on him.
He opened his eyes, and saw a rectangle of light above him. He was being buried alive.
"No! I'm still alive! Stop! Stop!" He screamed and screamed, louder and louder, but it was if no one heard him.
The daughter was the last thing he saw, her eyes red and her teeth long and pointed.

"She will never love you. Never." She laughed. Caleb screamed bloody murder one last time before he was buried.

He was panicking, trying to dig himself out.
Two hands were suddenly on his shoulders, pulling on him, pulling him deeper under.
"NO! NO! I'M ALIVE! I'M ALIVE!" He screamed, thrashing and screaming.

"Caleb! Wake up! You're having a nightmare! A voice yelled, other voices murmuring with it.

"NO!" Caleb screamed, just before the hands let go.


He opened his eyes, and saw the band standing over him, all in pajamas, and all looking worried.

"Caleb? You alright?" Levi asked, pushing through the boys and cupping Caleb's face. She looked scared as she held his face, her dark hair falling around her.

His eyes were as wide as saucers, his heart was beating too fast, and he was hyperventilating.
"Calm down, it was just a nightmare." She soothed, smoothing his hair as Johnathan went to get a glass of water.

The rest of the guys tried to get Caleb to sit up, but Caleb refused, crying out when they touched him, almost hitting Levi.
"Shh, shhh." Levi soothed, still smoothing his hair, but gently pushing back his arm. "Its okay, I'm here. I'm here for you Caleb. I'm here Caleb. I won't leave you." She said, tears brimming in her eyes.

He was scaring her.
"Marc, go get a cold towel, please." Levi asked, looking up at him.

Caleb was still breathing heavily, his eyes wide.
She got him to sit up against the bunks, and take a sip of water.
Marc came back with a cold handtowel, and Levi held it against Caleb's forehead.

He had finally calmed down, now tired from the rush of adrenaline. It was quiet. Levi was still smoothing his hair back while he held the towel to his forehead.

"You fell off your bunk." Kyle explained, Caleb flinched at the sound of his voice. "You got your head pretty good on the drawer."

Levi rested her head on Caleb's wrapping her arms around him.
"You scared me so bad. You wouldn't wake up, you just kept screaming." She said, a tear running down her face, getting lost in Caleb's hair.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly, his voice raspy and tired.
"You pegged me in the face man." Kyle laughed, rubbing his eye.
Caleb smirked, secretly glad he did.

"Sorry about that." He mumbled. Everyone gave a nervous chuckle.

"At least you're okay Caleb." Kent said patting him on the back. Levi had already sat up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, scary.

COMMENTS WILL GET A SEQUEL.