Status: Fin.

The Awful Waffle

Goodbye.

Everyone was packed, and the bus was quiet.
No one wanted the tour to be over, and no one wanted the fun to end.

Most of all, Caleb didn't want Levi to leave them, who knows when she'll see them once Letters From Home go big?

Kyle and Levi were curled up on the couch in the back room, both asleep, holding each other.
Caleb was sulking in his bunk, blasting the saddest songs he could find on his ipod.

He had heard the two talking last night, Levi now a permanent resident in Kyle's bunk for the last eighteen hours on the bus.
He didn't want to see them together, he didn't want to hear them together, and he didn't even want to imagine what they did when no one was on the bus.

Kyle and Levi had become known for their public displays of affection, no matter how many times their friends protested, not wanting to see it.
Especially Caleb.

"Hey man?" Austin asked, peeking through Caleb's curtains, Caleb took out his headphones.
"Yeah Austin?" He answered, his voice raspy from yelling so much earlier.
It was around 11:30 at night.

"You alright man?" He asked, opening Caleb's curtains all the way, and sitting on Kyle's bunk across from him.
Caleb swung his legs to the edge of his bunk as he sighed.

"I don't know." He groaned, running both of his hands through his hair, and resting his elbows on his knees, head in his hands. "I really don't."

Austin clapped his hand on Caleb's back.
"Look Caleb," He sighed, not sure if the words coming out of his mouth next would be the right ones. "Maybe.... Maybe you should move on." He said quietly, watching his friend.

He thought one of the three things would happen:
1. He would beat Austin up.
2. He would strangle Austin.
3. Or accept that he should move on.

Caleb wanted to throttle Austin, but knew he was right.
He should move on, he was just hurting himself, and his old friend Kyle, by hanging on, hoping that she would realize what he was feeling.

Austin took his hand back, hesistating halfway, then taking his hand back.

"Yeah. I should." Caleb mumbled, sitting up, a serious look on his face as he shook his head.

Austin looked surprised for a second, then serious again.

"Its for the best." He said, forcing it out of his mouth, trying to not look surprised.
He was so sure that Caleb would pick one or two.

"Yeah." Caleb mumbled, playing with the bracelet on his wrist, Levi's name spelled out in beads. "For the best."

Austin clapped Caleb on the back one more time before leaving the bunk area.
He remembered being on the Millionare's bus with Levi, totally out of place in the pink bus, the girls playing with beads Allison had brought with her.

Levi had stuffed Caleb's phone down the front of her shirt, and forced him to make her a friendship bracelet.
Caleb honestly wouldn't have minded getting his phone back, but he knew Levi would.

He made her a crappy little bracelet, expecting her to throw it away after a few weeks.
It was made of totally random beads he had snatched off the table, and his name spelled out in different types of letter beads, one othe e's in his name spelled out with a backwards three.

She made him one with a perfect pattern, searching for each bead carefully, consisting of peace signs, wooden animals, and her name spelled out on matching beads, all diamond shaped.
He played with it, and then sighed.

He had to move on, it wasn't healthy to drag things on like that.

___

Levi woke up in Kyle's arms, his warm breath on the back of her neck.
She smiled, and stroked his arm wrapped around her waist, and placed her hand over the hand on her left shoulder.

He stirred, but didn't wake up.
She stopped drawing shapes on his skin, and took a deep breath.

"I'm a lucky girl." She whispered, resting her arm on his, laying awake, enjoying the feeling of Kyle just being there.

"I'm a lucky guy." Kyle whispered, kissing the back of Levi's neck, making Levi jump in his arms.
Kyle laughed as Levi took a deep breath.

"Jesus Christ you scared me." She laughed as Kyle pulled her closer to him- if that was even possible.

He kissed her hair, and Levi smiled, drawing shapes on Kyle's arms with her finger again.
"Sorry I woke you." She apologized, a small smirk on her face.
"Its okay." Kyle said, kissing the side of her head. He couldn't help himself. "I get to kiss you when I'm awake."
Levi chuckled.

"That was so cheesy," She laughed, Kyle laughing too. "But I like it."
She turned over so that she was facing him, Kyle not protesting to the movement.

She nestled her head in his chest, and he smoothed her hair, kissing her forehead.
She placed a kiss on his collarbone.

"Kyle." She said quietly. It was dark and she couldn't see his face.
"Hm?" He said, his chest vibrating with the sound.

"What are we going to do after this?" She asked. "I mean, after I join the band."
He stopped playing with her hair all of the sudden, and leaned placed his lips on the top of her head, leaving them there.

She got even more nervous with every second of dark silence.

"I don't know." He said, sounding a little upset. "I really don't Levi." He said, his voice weak.
She didn't want to hear that, but she knew he would say it.

"I don't want to be away from you." She whispered, feeling Kyle rub her back.
Kyle buried his face in her hair, putting the sent to memory.

He thought for a moment.
"What if... you move in with me?" He asked, sounding nervous.

Levi's eyes went wide.
"M-move in?" She asked, looking nervous.
She was glad it was dark now, he couldn't see her expression.

"I don't know Kyle." She said quietly, hoping to God he didn't hear her.
He looked down at her.

"Why not?" He asked, the question slipping out of his mouth.
She sighed, and wrapped her arms around his waist.

She couldn't think. Why not? She loved just laying there with him, why not live with him?

"Forget it," She said, scaring Kyle for a second. "I guess, when we get home... we could go to my place, and pack my stuff." She said quietly, tightening her grip around his waist, teasing him by pushing her hips against his.

He jumped a little, then smiled at her in the dark.

"I guess so..." He chuckled, kissing her on the lips, making her giggle.
"Save it lover boy." She teased, kissing his nose, feeling him chasing her lips in the dark.
"You started it." He whined, finding her lips in the dark, kissing them sweetly, a smile on his and her lips.

She giggled, and he laughed at her.
"I can't wait until we get home." He whispered, pushing her hair behind her ear.

She looked up at him, a smile on her face. She didn't care that she couldn't see him, but she brought a hand to his face, and rested it there.

"I can't wait either." She giggled as Kyle chuckled with her, pulling her close and kissing her again.

Levi was loosing her mind to boy she wanted to be with for as long as she could.
Caleb was loosing his mind over the girl he could never have.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thats it.
Sorry if the end sucks, buuuuut I'm starting the sequel...
I'm excited. Are you? I'm super-dooper excited.

Cheeeaahh.