Status: Writing more chapters.

Death Grips On Guns And Goodbye Kisses

Chapter 4.

Neither Ronnie nor I ordered anything to eat, I only got something for the kid. We chatted about little things like the weather, it was as if Ronnie didn't want to upset me by asking the questions he really wanted to. I smiled as Jacobi picked up the spoon and fed himself.

"I can't take this. Tish, you know it's me, you can trust me... Frank told you, I'm telling you. Just spit it out, what the fuck happened to Frank and how did you end up with a kid?" Ronnie sighed.

I stared at him blankly, not knowing how to change my emotions anymore. "Things didn't work out. I can't remember the details..." I shook my head, ruffling my hair a bit. "Hey, you have a cigarette? I'm kinda..." He raised his eyebrow. From his back pocket he pulled out a pack of Marlboros and a lighter.

"I got a lighter, no need. Just the smoke." He handed it over to me. I lit up and puffed away. "Thanks."

"Anyways," I continued more calmly, "After the concert, thing, we uh, ya know, then it broke and this little dude was happening. Look at him, sitting there all cute and shit... So then back at M Way's place I was all tore up, I didn't know what Frank would think. You know he hit me before? Stay or go, stay or go, should I stay or should I go? Dun dun dun dun..." I got that song stuck in my head and started humming it.

Ronnie looked confused and just, well, confused.

My eyes focused on the glasses pushed back in Ronnie's hair. "Oh, nice sunglasses, can I see them?" He tossed them over to me. I caught them and slid them over my eyes. Perfect. Just like the people you see in the movies.

He laughed. "How did you get around here, weren't you guys in Jersey?"

"Now that, I don't know. I kinda just ended up in the big apple I guess." I took a drag from the cigarette.

The sun was just above the trees. It was reaching nap time for Jace, no one likes a cranky little boy. "We best be going now, Jace needs to sleep." I told Ronnie. "I'd leave a tip if I had any money," I pulled my pockets out, "but I don't."

"Ah, It's alright. You're coming back to my place right?"

"I guess so." Ronnie nodded, wrapping his jacket around my shoulders.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter. I don't know if any of you caught the little strange things in there but they were done purposely.