Status: Completed

To Love Someone Like Me

Screwed

Adina was sitting outside, reflecting on what happened after she was sent to the hospital.

The wounds will heal, but the scars will never fade.

That was what the doctors told her.

Adina took that sentence for more than what the doctors meant. After all, right now, Leana and everyone were preparing for the rehearsal dinner; the wedding tomorrow. Jimmy and Leana will marry each other, Adina will be hurt but she will move on.

After all, she loves him.

"Hey, what are you doin' out here?" came a familiar voice. Adina turned her head, watching as Brian sat next to her on the grassy ground.

"Thinking," she replied, looking at the sky.

"You love him, don't you?" Brian asked. Startled, Adina looked at Brian. He was still looking at the sky.

"What?" Adina asked. Brian turned his head and looked at her.

"You love him, don't you?" he repeated. Adina blinked twice.

"How long did you know?"

"I didn't. But when you left and I saw Jimmy's reaction, I knew he loved you. Then, after we got both of you back, I paid close attention to you both. You love him too," Brian stated.

"Oh God Bri, I'm so sorry--"

"No, it's alright. I mean, I understand, you don't love me the way I love you,"

"I love you Brian. Just--just not like that. Listen, we were sort of friends before this, can we still be?" Adina offered. Brian chuckled.

"You know, if any other girl dumped me, I would've flat out told her 'no', but you-- Deena, you're special, and I'd rather have you as my friend than nothing at all,"

Adina laughed, tears falling, "Look at us, our love status is so screwed. The guy I love is going to be married; you just have shitty luck with girls..." The last bit earned a smile from Brian.

"Happily ever after's and fairy tale ending's are for the fortunate. Disney is utter bullshit," Brian stated. Adina nodded, how true that statement was. Brian sighed, "What are you going to do?"

"I can't face them Brian, I really can't. I'm not strong enough. It might hurt them, but I won't be there at the wedding. I guess I'll stay for tonight but after the dinner, I have to leave,"

"The sad thing is, I completely understand," Brian said and sighed, "Our lives all together are screwed,"

"I know,"

xXxXxXXXXxXxXx

Leana heard it. She heard everything Brian and Adina said and she couldn't believe she never saw it sooner. How happy Jimmy was whenever he was with Adina; how Adina seemed more comfortable in his presence.

Leana didn't understand. She loves Jimmy and Adina both, and wants to see them happy, but what if them being happy means for them to be together?

Leana knew what she had to do, and she was going to do it tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this chapter is shorter than how my chapters have been lately but I needed it like this... kinda suspense or somthing =)

Love my commenters:

A7XLover (x2)
IdiotDorkGeek
mcrgcvampress
Goodnight Goodbye
Sassified Vada (I MADE HER SPEECHLESS)